Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class 73/9 - how about crowd-funding it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class 73/9 - how about crowd-funding it?

Just a small suggestion to the folks at Dapol...

IMO the best way to gauge interest in a loco without having to run polls is to have a crowd-funded project. Would it be possible to test the interest and demand for a Class 73/9 by having a crowd-funded model? Probably try crowd-funding it sometime next year. Take a month or two to advertise and get pledges. If it's a success you'll can produce a lovely Class 73/9 to a modern standard like you Class 68.

What do you think
    Joel Dapol Andy Dapol Neil Dapol
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Hi Jeremiah, although I appreciate what your saying, this really is not our way of doing things and the thought of sitting on peoples cash for a period of time does not sit well with me personally. Another consideration for us is time. Currently, perhaps the most precious of commodities for all of us at Dapol and moving our attention to what are almost by definition peripheral models, moves our attentions from the more mainstream and core products. More than happy to be argued with though :-)
    Regards
    Joel

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Originally posted by Joel Dapol View Post
      Hi Jeremiah, although I appreciate what your saying, this really is not our way of doing things and the thought of sitting on peoples cash for a period of time does not sit well with me personally. Another consideration for us is time. Currently, perhaps the most precious of commodities for all of us at Dapol and moving our attention to what are almost by definition peripheral models, moves our attentions from the more mainstream and core products. More than happy to be argued with though :-)
      I understand Joel, I appreciate your reply and I think it was worth a shot with that suggestion...
      Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Not to say we are not coming round to the idea of 73/9 though :-)
    Working...
    X