Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaugemaster Limited Edition Class 73 - Livery Samples

Hello guys,

I had a chat with the folks at Gaugemaster today, and being the inquisitive person that I am, I was itching to see the EPs of the Class 73s. As others have stated they've undergone a minor re-tool. The folks at Gaugemaster were not only kind enough to send me pictures of the Class 73s but they've also allowed me to share the image on social media.

Please note that Gaugemaster are already aware of all the errors in terms of liveries and colours etc. so they know what changes are to be made.

I think the look stunning.
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Good work obtaining and posting the photo - I have the SWT livery on order - looks very (colourful) impressive! Any of those liveries would make an interesting addition to put in front of a charter.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the Frsit GBRf and Southern one...

They look really good hopefully chassis improved for DCC as well ?

Comment

Hopefully Joel Dapol or Andy Dapol can answer that Robert? Never knew they weren't DCC ready. Is it easy to hardwire?
      Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

These are DCC ready.
        Regards
        Joel

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• robert shrives
          robert shrives commented
          Editing a comment
          brilliant thanks Joel for confirming.

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the speedy response and confirmation Joel!

Woohoo - that is great news - guess I forgot to investigate that when I placed my initial order nearly 2yrs ago(!) and didn't care so much about DCC, but am now seriously investigating converting to such.

Comment

Anybody have an update on when these will be released? I have a GBRf on order that I was hoping to have for my birthday (11/25).

Comment

• Joel Dapol
            Joel Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            They are due for production at the end of the month. It is very unlikely therefore they will be here for Warley and your birthday, sorry!

kbreck I spoke to Gaugemaster about two weeks ago and was told thery would be here for Warley.... so maybe you will get yours by your birthday :-)

Comment

Any update on the ETA on these? GM website says Jan, but I just don't believe their ETAs anymore....!

Comment

• JR_P
              JR_P commented
              Editing a comment
              Joel Dapol thanks for the info - really looking forward to getting my hands on the 73 :-)

• carderrail
              carderrail commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh no.. more pressure on the wallet!!

• robert shrives
              robert shrives commented
              Editing a comment
              good news wallet off to hide ! thanks

Hi folks. I'm eagerly awaiting my 73142 from Gaugemaster but the release date seems to keep slipping (now Q1). Any update would be gratefully appreciated.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
              Joel Dapol commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Andy,

They are due into us in the next few days, so will be with Gaugemaster next week

That's great news. Many thanks, Joel.

Comment

has the intercity livery been fixed up? i.e. the right shade of dark grey used?

i know it varied a bit from sunlight / dirt etc. but the sample one looked a bit too dark

what kind of things were changed in the tooling changes from older models?

cheers

tim

Comment

They're here...

http://www.gaugemaster.com/news/Dapo...s-73s-In-Stock
                Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

I've been invoiced for Broadlands, hopefully not long till it arrives. Looking at the pictures on the Gaugemaster site, it's a shame that the high intensity headlight has been modelled on this version.

Comment

• Andy Hebden
                    Andy Hebden commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Did it run for long with this livery and the headlight?

I am thinking of buying First GBRf 73141 "Charlotte" http://www.gaugemaster.com/item_deta...p?code=DAGM232 . I'm seriously worried though. Not heard a lot of good reviews about Gaugemaster. And as an overseas customer, I'm heard from a lot of overseas folk whove had a bad time. Some complaints about pricing etc etc.
                  Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                    JeremiahBunyan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you Robert, It's only unfortunate that I've heard more negative feedback. Human tendency to always share the bad stuff easily I guess. I think my fears are put to rest, hope they accept PayPal, if so I'll be buying said model.

• Joel Dapol
                    Joel Dapol commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Jeremiah, I know GM well and think it is an extremely professional and well run business. They are not the cheapest but I think their ethos, stock holding policy and really nice showroom environment justify this. They wholesale the Dapol range for us and do a great job. HTH

• JeremiahBunyan
                    JeremiahBunyan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Will look into ordering a mode from them soon Joel.... Cheers!
                Working...
                X