Any chance of 73/9s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance of 73/9s?

Would the be any chance of retooling the 73 to represent the new 73/9 (Brush Version), now in use with GBRf and Serco Caledonian Sleepers?

No longer confined to Southern metals, the GBRf locos can often be seen working test trains north of London, and the later teal-liveried locos are now settling down on sleeper services from Edinburgh to Aberdeen, Inverness and Fort WIlliam.

The Scottish Sleeper services have always been a popular subject for modellers, particularly the West Highland and my own Serco Sleeper vinyls have also proved to be really popular!

We have no short term plans to model this I am afraid. The cost of the tooling (which would be quite considerable for a new chassis and body) would make the model too expensive in my view, unless some form of compromise was possible. What's your view?
    Regards
    Joel

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

It shouldn't require a new chassis tooling, but there would be some fairly serious changes to the body needed.

Cheers, Mike

Comment

New bodyshell - Yes. I think you could easily get away with using the existing chassis and just modify the light-runs for the new headlight positions.

My opinion is that most modellers would not be worried about any minor underframe differences and those who do, would probably be happy to do something about it themselves!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I will put it forward to the development team.
          Regards
          Joel

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

id be interested in these even with some compromise, I think were going to see more of these on other parts of the network.

Comment

May I take the opportunity to support 73/9s in n gauge? As has been said, they stretch their legs far and wide, particularly those in GBRf livery. Perhaps something could be done in alliance with Gaugemaster. I’m sure a decent 73/9 would be a very attractive proposition for anyone running a Modern Image layout.

Comment

• JackD09
                JackD09 commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree, I would love to see class 73/9s in N gauge.

• Joel Dapol
                Joel Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                No plans currently i'm afraid. I do agree the prototype is becoming more recitative to model, so something for the future perhaps.

Much obliged, Joel.

Comment

Working...
              X