1st Decorated Samples of Class 68 (N)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Decorated Samples of Class 68 (N)

Received just in time for TINGS we have painted samples of our N gauge class 68.
    Currently being reviewed, we have 4 locos representative of the 6 models being produced (not featured are 2D-022-002 DRS 'Defiant and 2D-022-005 Scotrail 'Daring').

We have modelled the 'early' variations as the modifications to the later style handrails and horn grills commenced early 2017, (these later details will be featured in our next production) Notable are the two Chiltern Variations with & without Handrails, both being modelled whilst in passenger service (Hence fitting of the AAR socket which was not present during early mainline operation).

We are still on target for a January release of this model. As always we're happy to receive comments and questions.
    Please note: We are aware of the incorrect panel moulding on the R/H side This is due to re-use of 1st shot bodyshells for expediency.
    Regards
    Andy

Dapol Staff Member

... and a gratuitous shot of 68006 in it's natural environment (Thanks to Apa Park layout at TINGS 2017!)
    Regards
    Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• Cazadoom
      Cazadoom commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for letting me have it for a few pictures, all three look great! can't wait for them to come out
      Last edited by Cazadoom; 14 September 2017, 21:53.

37058 commented
      Editing a comment
      You just had to have an ScR model running didn't you Callum

Cheers
      Anthony

Hi looking good, looking forward to these even if the wallet not so sure !!!!
    Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Dapol View Post
      Received just in time for TINGS we have painted samples of our N gauge class 68.
      Currently being reviewed, we have 4 locos representative of the 6 models being produced (not featured are 2D-022-002 DRS 'Defiant and 2D-022-005 Scotrail 'Daring').

We have modelled the 'early' variations as the modifications to the later style handrails and horn grills commenced early 2017, (these later details will be featured in our next production) Notable are the two Chiltern Variations with & without Handrails, both being modelled whilst in passenger service (Hence fitting of the AAR socket which was not present during early mainline operation).

We are still on target for a January release of this model. As always we're happy to receive comments and questions.
      Please note: We are aware of the incorrect panel moulding on the R/H side This is due to re-use of 1st shot bodyshells for expediency.
      Some stunning stuff right there! I have 2D-022-007 in DRS livery 68001 "Evolution" on pre-order and I look forward to getting it sometime early 2018. The detail is exquisite.

Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

These do look fantastic, really looking forward to these.

Comment

I somehow managed to acquire a pair of the 68s on Saturday at the same open day and got them positioned on the front of some silver coaches, on the modular layout. Unfortunately Neil tasked Gareth to make sure I didn’t leave with them. These are going to cost me a fortune when they arrive.

Comment

• Alistair
            Alistair commented
            Editing a comment
            I think they are the N-Brass catenary parts, but not my bit of module, so I can’t be certain.

• PaulShanahanUK
            PaulShanahanUK commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Alistair, much appreciated.

• Vonzack
            Vonzack commented
            Editing a comment
            Definitely N-Brass locos portals

Totally not my era, but I really want one! After seeing the decorated samples at shows, I am really looking forward to the release now. DRS for me please.

Cheers
          Anthony

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you'll be crazy not to...LOL! I've got a DRS one on order too.

Are these in production? If or if not so when are they scheduled to reach the UK?
          Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Joel Dapol
            Joel Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            They are in production and completion date is estimated to mid December, so should be in the UK around the end of January, unless we decide to air-freight some in.

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Joel!

Can anyone tell me what the MRP of the forthcoming Dapol N Gauge Class 68s are? I've seen a few retailers list different prices.

TIA

Cheers!
          JB

PS: Merry Christmas to all the Dapol staff and Dapol Digest members, have a wonderful festive season.
          Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Hi Joel/Andy, can you guys shed any light on which brand next 18 decoders are being fitted in both normal and the sound versions please?
          Also are you including a fitted speaker?

thanks

Comment

Hi,

Are these still on course to arrive in the shops towards the end of February?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X