N Class 68 Opening post:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeremiahBunyan View Post

I'm sure Dapol has the TPE Class 68 on their mind, afterall it's more money in the bank for them. However we'll have to wait and see as the TPE Class 68 will need matching Mk.5 coaches and a Mk.5 DVT.
    Ideally, yes, the coaches would be good but that would be a longer-term project. The loco would be just a straight re-livery of the existing model. After all, there have been no Scotrail Mk2s or Chiltern Mk3s produced (as yet in the case of the latter), but the locos still seem popular.

As regards the Mk5a coaches, not sure what the exact designation of the driving car is but it isn't DVT - it's a standard-class seated vehicle with a driving cab.

Comment

• DavidInYork
      DavidInYork commented
      Editing a comment
      By the time Dapol do another batch, the two in Transpennine livery will probably be in use, along with more having been liveried. It's not a long-term project - the sets are due to start arriving later in the year and into next year.

As regards Mk5a (Mk5 are the Caledonian Sleeper ones), there are various example of locos being released with no specific stock, but it doesn't seem to stop people buying them, especially when they are likely to be used for other things as well. The driving trailer will probably be classified DTSO - DVT is definitely wrong as it's not a 'van'.

• DavidInYork
      DavidInYork commented
      Editing a comment
      First Mk5a set to arrive in this country is now here - arrived at Portbury docks yesterday and has ben taken to Longsight Depot in Manchester, where they will be based.

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds good. I hope we get some in RTR because I really don't want to be designing and 3D printing a rake.
Working...
X