First CAD view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First CAD view

This CAD is an image from the 'handrail-less' version of the model. All external features are similar to the OO model although the CAD shows moulded grills, I intend to use etched, as the mesh is quite large on the prototype and will be similar to that produced on our 67's etc. The CAD will be revised to bring it into line with the OO version.
    Sadly halo lights will not be a feature of this model due to the difficulty in producing the light guides (the halo parts simply wouldn't transmit sufficient light to work effectively).
    Per the OO model, this will be produced with/without handrails, and both fuel tank types (appropriate to running number).
    Regards
    Andy

Dapol Staff Member

I'm looking forward to this one. Will there be a optional plough to fit under the bufferbeam?

Comment

• Andy Dapol
      Andy Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, it will allow with/without an NEM comparable coupling fitted. Sorry, the other CADs I have on my laptop seem to be corrupted, otherwise I would post.

Hi Andy,

That looks very nice. By Halo lights do you mean that they appear to illuminate in a ring, rather than in a circle as most headlights? I can see how that would be almost impossible to reproduce in N, however to recreate the effect would it be feasible to tampo print a small black dot onto the flat end of the clear circular light moulding, so creating the illusion of a ring of light instead of a disc?

cheers

Ben A.

Comment

• Richard Dallimore
      Richard Dallimore commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats sounds a good idea if the paint is dense enough to block the light. What about a metallic black paint that is a heavy thicker paint.

• Andy Dapol
      Andy Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      Trouble with the lamps is that both 'states' are needed: The ring is most often used when stationary and the central 'lamp' when operational / moving.
      Last edited by Andy Dapol; 7 August 2016, 18:17. Reason: Predictive typing😉

Hi Andy,

The CAD work looks absolutely impressive... Looking forward to seeing further updates as the model progresses...

Cheers!
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Hi Andy,

Is there any further news on this? Now that the OO gauge model is close to release, is there going to be progress on the N gauge one now?
      Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Now that the OO gauge Class 68's are out, I wait eagerly for the N gauge one. A little unfortunate about the error with the DRS version, but I guess you live and learn and I hope Dapol have made note of it and the N gauge DRS samples will be more accurate.

Cheers guys, eagerly looking forward to a superb model from you'll
        Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Andy Dapol is there any progress on the Class 68? Is it still in tooling? Completed? Would you'll consider doing Class 68 #68001 in the next batch also please.
          Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Working...
          X