Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Removal

Hi all

I am looking at getting a Dapol 68, after visiting DRS Crewe open day I promised my step son "I Would buy a model after the open day if Dapol do a model of one we see" and low and behold 68014 was the first engine was saw at the depot so I have to buy a model of that. Ideally I want it with sound as its sold out at Dapol and most other retailers I am looking at getting a DCC ready model and sound fitting it myself. My main worry is removing the body shell to do this. Is it an easy job or am I going to be scaring myself trying to remove the body?

Originally posted by Ed-Farms View Post
    Hi all

I am looking at getting a Dapol 68, after visiting DRS Crewe open day I promised my step son "I Would buy a model after the open day if Dapol do a model of one we see" and low and behold 68014 was the first engine was saw at the depot so I have to buy a model of that. Ideally I want it with sound as its sold out at Dapol and most other retailers I am looking at getting a DCC ready model and sound fitting it myself. My main worry is removing the body shell to do this. Is it an easy job or am I going to be scaring myself trying to remove the body?
    Hi Ed,

It just unclips from the main chassis. I've forgotten how many clips there are but it is extremely easy and there's no need to worry.
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

There are 4 clips, 2 near each end of the body

Comment

Thanks both, seems like not much to worry about. Well until the top is off and I have to fit a speak and decoder anyway haha

Comment

Working...
        X