No announcement yet.

N gauge class 68 - second production run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two new OO TPE class 68s now avalible to order, I'm aware there is a larger market for OO models but surely it would not hurt to have expressions of interest for these in N too, the more updated stadler version is better for renumbering as there are more tpe ones in this form. The class 50 is a different model but perhaps since they share the same drive train, A second batch of class 50 components could be produced alongside them? I am aware there is already 68019 still avalible but this is still the vossloh version so is the less common of the type.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your suggestion, I think you are probably correct, the problem we have is reaching the smallest batch size possible. The TPE livery we already have in stock as we do for most of the other liveries. We would therefore only need to produce the TPE in the new versions and for the volumes we have experienced in N gauge, this would be nowhere near the lowest possible production volumes. We will definitely look at this when we require other versions in the future though. For information in OO we exceeded the minimum production volume and have sold out prior to release.

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, forgot to add there is not much commonality between this and the Class 50 I am afraid. Injection moulding body shells bogies, details, diecast parts etc. are entirely unique to the Class 68.
Working...
X