No announcement yet.

Colas 67s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dapol chaps, is there any news on the next batch of 67s. In particular Colas?..

Comment

• IanS
      IanS commented
      Editing a comment
      2D-010-009 has been announced as Colas Rail 67027 Charlotte with a delivery estimate of quarter 2 2019.
      I picked up a info sheet from the Dapol stand but I don't think there has been an equivalent announcement posted on web yet.

Where there any other class 67’s announced.

Comment

• IanS
      IanS commented
      Editing a comment
      The new models announced as 'Proposed Models' on the flyer are

2D-010-008 DB 67006 Royal Sovereign
      2D-010-009 Colas 67027 Charlotte
      2D-010-010 67021 Belmond British Pullman
      2D-010-011 DB 67029 Royal Diamond

DCC fitted models are listed as options for each one, standard price £127.95, DCC fitted £153.43

Will these have Next-18 sockets, or still 6-pin?

67006 seems a bit surprising, given that 67005 in the same livery is still hanging around in the shops.

Comment

• DavidInYork
      DavidInYork commented
      Editing a comment
      You only need two of them for top and tail if modeling the royal train, which has never been produced commercially (and wouldn't be viable as all the coaches are bespoke).

The locos are used on all sorts of other things - charters, thunderbirds, occasional freight - which only generally requires one of them.

I note that they are only doing one of the Pullman ones, where there is actually more of a case for both as they rarely work anything other than their dedicated train, and almost always together.

• JR_P
      JR_P commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m also surprised that the Colas pair aren’t both being produced, especially since they ‘always’ appear to operate as top/tail on NR trains.... I would have thought doing both the Colas 67s, rather than both the Royal 67s would also have made more sense....

.... I have to say, I do sometimes wonder how Dapol arrive at their livery decisions....

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      @DavidInYork

Agree...but have you seen the number of requests Dapol got for the pairing Royal Train loco? Maybe people just want both, maybe people don't care about the accuracy of the way they portray the Royal Train. The choice not to release both locos i.e. pairs at once could possibly be due to the fact that people ask for releases to be spread out for financial reasons

@JR_P

The Colas Railfreight pair is another story. There's a reason behind no one producing the other Colas Railfreight Class 67 named "Stella". Whilst I know the reason I cannot really share it publicly. But if you haven't noticed even at the start of 2018, Hornby announced Stella and in a couple of months switched over to "Charlotte". Maybe one day the reason will be made public. But I suspect the same issue could've affected Dapol and hence prevented them from making the pair?

This is good news and seems to show Dapol listen to us.

Comment

It would would be great if the appropriate DVT (82146) and mk 3 stock would be produced so we could create a correct DB management train with 67029. Especially now that dapol are doing the mk 3 sleeper we could have all three coaches (guessing these are unmodified mk 3 coaches).

Comment

• JackD09
        JackD09 commented
        Editing a comment
        Don’t really mind if they are made separately, but the estimated release date of the new class 67s are Q2 2019 and as are the new sleepers so would make sense if they produced the rest of the rake as it seems
        pretty pointless if they’re suggesting 67029 by itself as it hardly ever does anything else but haul the DB managers train.

• DavidInYork
        DavidInYork commented
        Editing a comment
        "pretty pointless if they’re suggesting 67029 by itself as it hardly ever does anything else but haul the DB managers train."

That's really not the case - it does all the sorts of things the others do - e.g. it did a stint on the Wales services a couple of months ago, and sometimes appears on ECML thunderbird duties or on unit drags. Have a look on flickr.

• JackD09
        JackD09 commented
        Editing a comment
        True some of it’s working are quite interesting, thanks for the help

All 4 liveries are now available to order at hattons and rails of Sheffield website

Comment

• IanS
        IanS commented
        Editing a comment
        Antics is already on twitter (@anticsonline) and facebook.(anticsonlineltd and others, as the shops have facebook pages to).
        Many other Dapol retailers are also on Facebook at least, eg Cheltenham Models, Kernow, as they come quickly to mind without having to look too hard and a some also post youtube videos etc. to.

Other Dapol retailers are available. There's a tab on the Dapol website to find them.

BTW, I don't like the new map interface thing, how about a just a list of authorised retailers?
        Last edited by IanS; 13th December 2018, 13:42.

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        Never knew, I shall follow you guys from Twitter and Facebook

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello IanS what do you not like about it? I know we had some glitches but in theory I thought it was quite good.

Hi all

I was wondering if anybody is aware of the likely release date of the next batch of class 67s. Looking for both the colas and Pullman.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        August/September 2019

• Neil Dapol
        Neil Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi There

We are currently working our way through our review of the first decorated samples.

Kind Regards

Neil

Thanks for the info.

Do you have you any pictures you can show?

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        Check the Hatton's website. They've posted pics of the painted samples.

Please note that these are decorated body shells and are under review. They are subject to correction and change where necessary.
      Regards
      Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking fabulous Neil....

Looks like another batch with factory fitted nameplates

Is there any chance of switching to printed with loose plates in the bag? The plates are often badly applied with visible glue, not to mention it removes any possibilities for customisation as the glue bonds to the bodywork so the plates won't come off cleanly.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        These aren't production samples, these are just pre-production models to check the paint, I think there's enough of time to ask for the nameplates not to be added.

These must be close to hitting the shops by now, surely....?

Any update from someone at Dapol - thanks!

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey @JR_P

They are apparently due this month.

• JR_P
        JR_P commented
        Editing a comment
        JeremiahBunyan - thanks - I figured it must be soon!!!

Hi all,

Any further updates on the Colas 67s...

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Just waiting for the production slot, hopefully before the year end.
    Working...
    X