Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    I look forward to seeing them in their new splendour.

• Alistair
    commented on 's reply
    Looks like it's time to eat my words. As Colas have acquired 23 and 27. Both are now in the sheds (at Toton and Crewe) getting repaired and repainted. Will there be a nice new livery announced for us? 'Hint hint 😉'

• DavidInYork
    commented on 's reply
    However, Colas need a couple of 100mph-capable locos for test trains, and don't have any, so the speculation is that they (or Network Rail) will buy these, and they are only being advertised for tender because DB has to do this with locos it's disposing of.

Colas have previously shown that they are prepared to put money into buying stored locos and putting them through expensive overhauls - see the Class 60s.

• JR_P
    commented on 's reply
    The short article i read made no merntion of that situation; sounds a bit tragic when you put it like that....

• Alistair
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think they will be sold, they are being used to test the waters and to work out the money that could be taken for a 125mph, 20 year old loco. Plus the 2 that are up for sale aren't in a good state. They might just about get 1 half decent one from the 2. As 67023 needs new bogies and 67027has a major oil pressure fault.

• JR_P
    replied
    I read in the press in the past week thast DB Schenker/Cargo are selling two class 67s.... no indication of potential or prospective buyers, but probably means we'll get another livery variation - I'm hoping for Colas - love the yellow/orange/black livery....

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, we have many photos of them working alone on freight duties.

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    It can always be released the following year.

• DavidInYork
    replied
    Originally posted by Sammy2710 View Post
    hi don't wont to throw spanner in works but don't you need a partner for 67005 Queens Messenger either 67006 Royal Sovereign or even the 67026 Diamond Jubilee (in Diamond Jubilee silver), possibly dummy as before
    Only if you are modelling the royal train (which hasn't been produced in N-gauge - wouldn't be possible without either significant compromise or bespoke tooling). Royal train operations takes up a relatively small amount of the locos' time, and at other times they can be found working elsewhere, sometimes together but often not. They regularly work charter trains, and are often found on east coast thunderbird duties.

Leave a comment:

• Sammy2710
    replied
    hi don't wont to throw spanner in works but don't you need a partner for 67005 Queens Messenger either 67006 Royal Sovereign or even the 67026 Diamond Jubilee (in Diamond Jubilee silver), possibly dummy as before

Leave a comment:

• Alistair
    commented on 's reply
    This has long been a talking point. A couple of manufacturers have tried this in various options from fully bare plastic to base colours only with a few numbers, names and logos included and the locos didn't sell very well. And this was in the bigger 00 market. I know Dapol have done some unpainted wagons in N, but don't know how well they have sold. It's not very hard to take the model apart, remove and reapply the paint.

• kbreck
    replied
    I am excited to see some new liverys for the class 67. One of my favorite engines. I do have one question. I have been a long time american n scale modeller and have recently begun exploring British N gauge modellling (and loving it!). One thing American companies do when they release a new engine (or even re-release one) is almost always release it in an undecorated form. I have yet to find a British company release an engine in undecorated form. Why is that?

Leave a comment:

• DavidInYork
    replied
    Originally posted by Neil Dapol View Post
    Thank you for your comment. The previous limited edition had mistakenly gone unnoticed whilst we were looking for new locomotives to produed. Based on the comments on the digest a new locomotive has been selected and the latest details will be disseminated in due course. Dapol are mindful not to infringe on previous limited editions and this is why the Scotsman sets do not have a LC with smoke deflectors available this time around, nor shall they in the future.
    Thanks for the information. Let's hope that it's 67014, then! I'll be buying one if so.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Dapol
    replied
    Thank you for your comment. The previous limited edition had mistakenly gone unnoticed whilst we were looking for new locomotives to produed. Based on the comments on the digest a new locomotive has been selected and the latest details will be disseminated in due course. Dapol are mindful not to infringe on previous limited editions and this is why the Scotsman sets do not have a LC with smoke deflectors available this time around, nor shall they in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Alistair
    commented on 's reply
    Bachmann have done this with 66522 a LTD Ed was done through kernow (I think) Bachmann then re-released it with a new zero injuries logo and sound. But there were quite a few angry people.
Working...
X