No announcement yet.

Liveries for the next production run of Class 67's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would someone from Dapol be prepared to comment on my post above (#7) - does Dapol consider it acceptable for something t be released as a 'limited edition' (Wrexham & Shropshire even supplied these with numbered certificates), then to release the same thing again (whether or not it has a motor doesn't affect the basic model) a few years later with identical livery, number and name? I believe that Bachmann won't do this, and that seems reasonable to me - the concept of a limited edition is meaningless if you then just produce some more a few years later.

In this case there's no clear reason for it either, when there are two locos in this livery which you haven't done yet.

Thanks

Comment

• Alistair
      Alistair commented
      Editing a comment
      Bachmann have done this with 66522 a LTD Ed was done through kernow (I think) Bachmann then re-released it with a new zero injuries logo and sound. But there were quite a few angry people.

• robert shrives
      robert shrives commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi The NGS had limited edition models but it was a sign away that in the future the model would be released in the normal way.
      So sadly limited has little relevance today especially when batches are only a few hundred.
      Robert

Thank you for your comment. The previous limited edition had mistakenly gone unnoticed whilst we were looking for new locomotives to produed. Based on the comments on the digest a new locomotive has been selected and the latest details will be disseminated in due course. Dapol are mindful not to infringe on previous limited editions and this is why the Scotsman sets do not have a LC with smoke deflectors available this time around, nor shall they in the future.
    Regards
    Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Dapol View Post
      Thank you for your comment. The previous limited edition had mistakenly gone unnoticed whilst we were looking for new locomotives to produed. Based on the comments on the digest a new locomotive has been selected and the latest details will be disseminated in due course. Dapol are mindful not to infringe on previous limited editions and this is why the Scotsman sets do not have a LC with smoke deflectors available this time around, nor shall they in the future.
      Thanks for the information. Let's hope that it's 67014, then! I'll be buying one if so.

Comment

I am excited to see some new liverys for the class 67. One of my favorite engines. I do have one question. I have been a long time american n scale modeller and have recently begun exploring British N gauge modellling (and loving it!). One thing American companies do when they release a new engine (or even re-release one) is almost always release it in an undecorated form. I have yet to find a British company release an engine in undecorated form. Why is that?

Comment

• Alistair
          Alistair commented
          Editing a comment
          This has long been a talking point. A couple of manufacturers have tried this in various options from fully bare plastic to base colours only with a few numbers, names and logos included and the locos didn't sell very well. And this was in the bigger 00 market. I know Dapol have done some unpainted wagons in N, but don't know how well they have sold. It's not very hard to take the model apart, remove and reapply the paint.

hi don't wont to throw spanner in works but don't you need a partner for 67005 Queens Messenger either 67006 Royal Sovereign or even the 67026 Diamond Jubilee (in Diamond Jubilee silver), possibly dummy as before

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          It can always be released the following year.

Originally posted by Sammy2710 View Post
        hi don't wont to throw spanner in works but don't you need a partner for 67005 Queens Messenger either 67006 Royal Sovereign or even the 67026 Diamond Jubilee (in Diamond Jubilee silver), possibly dummy as before
        Only if you are modelling the royal train (which hasn't been produced in N-gauge - wouldn't be possible without either significant compromise or bespoke tooling). Royal train operations takes up a relatively small amount of the locos' time, and at other times they can be found working elsewhere, sometimes together but often not. They regularly work charter trains, and are often found on east coast thunderbird duties.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
          Joel Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, we have many photos of them working alone on freight duties.

I read in the press in the past week thast DB Schenker/Cargo are selling two class 67s.... no indication of potential or prospective buyers, but probably means we'll get another livery variation - I'm hoping for Colas - love the yellow/orange/black livery....

Comment

• DavidInYork
          DavidInYork commented
          Editing a comment
          However, Colas need a couple of 100mph-capable locos for test trains, and don't have any, so the speculation is that they (or Network Rail) will buy these, and they are only being advertised for tender because DB has to do this with locos it's disposing of.

Colas have previously shown that they are prepared to put money into buying stored locos and putting them through expensive overhauls - see the Class 60s.

• Alistair
          Alistair commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like it's time to eat my words. As Colas have acquired 23 and 27. Both are now in the sheds (at Toton and Crewe) getting repaired and repainted. Will there be a nice new livery announced for us? 'Hint hint 😉'

• Joel Dapol
          Joel Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          I look forward to seeing them in their new splendour.

Class 67 is a great model, more please, WAnd S would be good and the Royal Train version. I have DBS an EWS and also the Modelbahn special. Cannot get enough 67 !

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Dapol View Post
          67005 - Queens Messenger
          67012 - A Shropshire Lad in Wrexham and Shropshire livery
          67010 - Caledonian Sleeper Livery
          67015 - DB Schenker Red Livery
          Has any official product codes and prices been released to shops or something? I saw a post on facebook somewhere where a retailer was advertising these upcoming models (but cannot find any official news).
          Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Originally posted by JR_P View Post
            Neil Dapol I reckon it would be nice if you had a one/two line rationale of why you're doing the particular loco/livery in question; like what RevolutioN have just started doing with their Class 92 - as much as anything, so that we (the modeller) can understand where you are coming from....

Also, I could be wrong, but haven't you previously covered 67012 "A Shropshire Lad" in Wrexham and Shropshire livery, albeit as a dummy?.... is there *really* that much appetite for Wrexham and Shropshire???!
            You only need to take a look at the prices these change hands for on eBay. That will show that there clearly is an appetite.

Comment

From the GaugeMaster page, forgive me but I find that their website leaves a lot to desire. In the links to follow you'll see the heading as Dapol ANNOUNCEMENTS for February-March 2017, when in reality it's actually products hitting the shelves in the said months. http://www.gaugemaster.com/news/Dapo...and-March-2017

If someone can explain GaugeMaster's logic behind all this, as I may have overlooked something, they say announcements but it's actually incoming products.

Anyway that aside it seems as if the product codes for the forthcoming Class 67's is now out.
              http://www.gaugemaster.com/item_deta...e=DA2D-010-005
              http://www.gaugemaster.com/item_deta...e=DA2D-010-006
              http://www.gaugemaster.com/item_deta...e=DA2D-010-007

The usual D suffix applies for DCC Fitted models.

Quick question, are the Class 67's coming out in March or later?
              Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• RailGooner
                RailGooner commented
                Editing a comment
                One could read it as "Dapol announcements of releases for February and March". Especially since the lists that follow, are headed 'February N Scale Releases' and 'March N Scale Releases' etc.

• JeremiahBunyan
                JeremiahBunyan commented
                Editing a comment
                Makes sense RailGooner

That website is as bad as their trading practices. I've boycotted them on both counts as last time I went to order, they wanted to charge a premium for a small parts handling fee or something to that effect.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                JeremiahBunyan commented
                Editing a comment
                I can confirm that, I initially suggested the website to a friend as he needed something they sold, unfortunately he was charged some handling and shipping fee that in total was over four times the cost of the product! Needless to say I looked like a total fool.

When are the Class 67's due for release??
              Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                Joel Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                They are in manufacture now, so should be in store around April time.

• JeremiahBunyan
                JeremiahBunyan commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Joel Dapol

• JeremiahBunyan
                JeremiahBunyan commented
                Editing a comment
                Joel Dapol will these be available for sale via the website? I'd love to use the Club Membership discount.

Hattons today sent out Emails for a March / April "slot" which is helpful for my wallet .
              FWIW the gaugemaster site is a bit "clunkly" to be polite and last week I had conversation over seeing preorders- well I could not and it seems website does not let you, helpfully I was sent a copy and it was noted a new site on the cards after quite a bit of adverse feedback -so hopefully...

Comment

Colas Rail has repainted two Class 67s into their livery. Previously discussed somewhere. For a future run Dapol...

https://scontent.fbom1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...d9&oe=59720D11
                PC: Michael Thrift
                Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                  JeremiahBunyan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can say that again! Bring on 2018...

• DavidInYork
                  DavidInYork commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tecnically, DB has painted two 67s into Colas livery! It was done in the paintshop at Toton depot.

• JR_P
                  JR_P commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yep, i'd take a Colas 67 :-)
              Working...
              X