• Announcement: Liveries for the next production run of Class 67's

67005 - Queens Messenger
    67012 - A Shropshire Lad in Wrexham and Shropshire livery
    67010 - Caledonian Sleeper Livery
    67015 - DB Schenker Red Livery
    Regards
    Neil

Dapol Staff Member

67005 Queen's Messenger - I think you need to be more specific here! EWS, Royal with EWS logos, Royal with DB logos?

Comment

• Neil Dapol
      Neil Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      Royal with DB Logos

• DavidInYork
      DavidInYork commented
      Editing a comment
      If with DB logos, also with the wide red band along the solebar, presumably?

Neil Dapol I reckon it would be nice if you had a one/two line rationale of why you're doing the particular loco/livery in question; like what RevolutioN have just started doing with their Class 92 - as much as anything, so that we (the modeller) can understand where you are coming from....

Also, I could be wrong, but haven't you previously covered 67012 "A Shropshire Lad" in Wrexham and Shropshire livery, albeit as a dummy?.... is there *really* that much appetite for Wrexham and Shropshire???!

Comment

• Neil Dapol
      Neil Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      The locos have predominatly been based on what we have been asked for on either the Digest or directly by our customers. Even in the short time I have been with the company I have had numerous requests for a W&S livery loco.... does that help answer your question?

I think your suggestion for a reasoning is a good one and will endeavour to provide some in future announcements.
      Last edited by Neil Dapol; 21 October 2016, 16:37. Reason: Addition to comment

• JR_P
      JR_P commented
      Editing a comment
      Neil Dapol indeed it does - I must confess, I am *genuinely* surprised to hear that W&S is so popular - who would have thought ;-) !

I can't take credit for the one liner rationale; I think RevolutioN were the first to do this - I presume as a mechanism by which to drive sales on the basis that if they can offer context, they can potentially persuade modellers to justify to themselves why they need a particular model if it might otherwise have been fringe to their era / locale / interest / etc.... I think its clever marketing....

Hi everyone,

This is fantastic news. I wasn't aware that Dapol have made Class 67s before? Are they above four going to be produced in OO Gauge? Also the 67005 model is this going to be in it's latest guise in Royal livery with the orange bands around the loco with the DB logos? If so then I might buy this model and DB Red 67015.

Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

• DRS Crewe On A Mission
      DRS Crewe On A Mission commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much for letting me know. It's very much appreciated.

I didn't notice the N Gauge models bit at the top.

Thank you.

• carderrail
      carderrail commented
      Editing a comment
      Full list here:

http://www.ngauge.org.uk/dap_dloco_67.php

Two WSR Dummy Locos were produced 67010 and 67012.

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      I gotten tricked in the same way...Saw a post about the Class 73s and assumed it was N gauge, but it was OO gauge

I doubt it will be resized as Hornby have not long released a top spec model.

The numbers are a strange choice as 67012 has already been released as a dummy, maybe 014 'Thomas Telford' would be the better option as there hasn't been a model of that one and it is still in unbranded silver as when it finished from Chiltern.

im assuming it's the new DB Branded Royal 005 with the big red line.

010 has been done as a dummy as well, I would go for 004 in Cali teal as there hasn't been a model of 004 done and it actually still carries a name too 'Cairn Gorm' it has been in the livery longer than 10.

Hope I haven't grown too many problems your way
    Neil Dapol

Alistair

Comment

• RailGooner
      RailGooner commented
      Editing a comment
      I have 67012 (dummy) but might be tempted by 67014.
      Last edited by RailGooner; 22 October 2016, 11:00.

Thank you very much Neil, my Dapol wishlist seems to be growing very quick. At the moment I've added the Caledonian Class 67 and Royal Train Class 67 to my wishlist...

Other things in my wishlist include:-
    Caledonian Class 86
    GBRf "Evening Star" Class 66
    DRS Class 68
    Undecided Class 59
    Undecided Class 142
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

If you are going to do a Wrexham & Shropshire one, wouldn't it make more sense to do 67014 or 67015 as these have not yet been done?. I would probably buy one of these, but I won't buy 67012 as I already have the dummy.

Also, wasn't that dummy supposed to be a limited edition? Doesn't this go against the idea of limited editions?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello David, somehow I missed this, you are correct and it was an oversight on our part as all the previous staff invlved have now left the company and the records kept were not great. We have now changed this to 67014 Thomas Telford. I hope that helps

Hi,

Count me in for a DB Schenker one.

Is the Wrexham & Shropshire livery going to be unbranded i.e without the logo so just grey-silver livery as shown here:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8623/1...d8293195_b.jpg

Many thanks,
      Ben.

Comment

• DavidInYork
        DavidInYork commented
        Editing a comment
        If it' unbranded, that's Chiltern livery - when in use with Wrexham & Shropshire the locos had the branding.

Good selection. Hopefully 67012 will be just debranded silver with etched plates in the bag, not printed? Then it's up to the end user whether to run it in current unnamed guise or not.

Perhaps it'd be better listing it as ex-Wrexham and Shropshire livery if that's the case, to avoid confusion?

Also, not sure it matters but 67010 has now been painted DB red in real life. 67004 is still teal but been stored at Crewe for the best part of a year awaiting new wheelsets.

Comment

• Alistair
        Alistair commented
        Editing a comment
        I did think that about 010 but couldn't find a picture of it in red

Good news that Class 67 is to have some new liveries. Disappointing that some are duplicating earlier issues -67012 and 67005, although could have livery variations. You will miss out on sales if duplicate.

Comment

• resolve10
        resolve10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not necessarily. I would imagine most people who bought a Chiltern 67 bookset the first time round, or the 67012 dummy, wouldn't be in the market for this release regardless of whether 67012 or 67014 was chosen.

The justification for this release is that the silver ones have spread out onto different duties since the chiltern lease ended , so now would be useful on Network Rail test trains, RHTT, East coast thunderbird or, as i plan to with mine, on ATW mk3 sets.

• DavidInYork
        DavidInYork commented
        Editing a comment
        With regard to the comment above, I have the previous releases of 67012 and 67013, and if 67014 were to be produced would probably buy that - I won't be buying another 67012, though.

If it is in Wrexham & Shropshire livery, it's not suitable for anything dating from after Wrexham & Shropshire ceased operating - the branding was removed immediately and the base grey/silver livery became Chiltern livery. It would perhaps make more sense to do 67014 in this livery (i.e. no branding), with nameplates in the box but not applied, then the model can be correct for either the time when in use on Chiltern (with nameplates) or subsequently (without)

• RailGooner
        RailGooner commented
        Editing a comment
        Re 67014: what DavidInYork said works for me.

As a recent convert to N gauge I am pleased that more class 67 locos will be available. 67005 and a 67015 look like potential purchases for me.

Comment

Is there any confirmed date as to when these are being produced and due into stock? And please note, unlike others I'll be happy to even have an estimate date of production/arrival. It will help me save. So even a PM regarding the estimated arrival is great for me
        Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• JR_P
          JR_P commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, an ETA would be awesome .... likewise, I will need to start saving.... I have a wedding and two foreign holidays to pay for in the next six months.

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds amazing JR_P on the other hand, I'm just a young chap in college with an "addiction" for model trains. I will not blame anyone LOL! I literally have a colour coded wishlist.

Originally posted by JeremiahBunyan View Post
        Is there any confirmed date as to when these are being produced and due into stock? And please note, unlike others I'll be happy to even have an estimate date of production/arrival. It will help me save. So even a PM regarding the estimated arrival is great for me
        As under the 153 thread I have endorsed this request.

Comment

Would be up for 67012 or 67014 in Wrexham and Shropshire livery, with logos

Comment

If the 67 is the branded Wrexham and Shropshire will you be realising some rolling stock to match? The Wrexham and Shropshire Mk3s in BR blue and grey would be great (maybe a book set like the Pretendalino set you did a few years back, including the DVT)

Comment

Working...
            X