Anything planned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything planned?

Are there any more 67s currently in the pipeline? There are a few liveries now which haven't been done - standard DB red with grey roof (67013,15,27), Caledonian Sleeper (67004,10), plus the Chiltern livery which is effectively de-branded Wrexham & Shropshire livery. The two royal train ones have also had livery changes recently, and now have a wide red band at solebar level and DB logos on the nose and cabsides.

Hopefully!.... I'm in the market for another 67.... DB red would be a nice one.... or Caledonian sleeper, if Dapol produce a mk3 SLEP.

Comment

• DavidInYork
      DavidInYork commented
      Editing a comment
      The thing is with 67s, they pretty much never stick to any job they have been liveried up for, so will turn up in all sorts of places. One of the Arriva blue ones is a regular thunderbird on the east coast (003 - I believe it's banned from the Arriva work due to not working with DVTs properly), and one of the Caledonian Sleeper ones has recently been working the VSOE in the London area.

• VoyagerBen
      VoyagerBen commented
      Editing a comment
      On the basis of this, how about re-running the Arriva blue class 67 on it's own outside of a bookset? I model the ECML and I am in the market for one of these blue 67's to have as a thunderbird rescue loco.

I too would like a DB Schenker red liveried 67.
      Last edited by VoyagerBen; 30 June 2016, 21:21.

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      Anybody else be interested if we released an Arriva blue 67?

We do have some more Class 67's in mind including the ones mentioned. With regard to the Royal Trains, we were thinking to produce the old livery again, but I think this tweak would be an excellent idea.
    Regards
    Joel

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• JR_P
      JR_P commented
      Editing a comment
      Joel, will there be another 67 in standard EWS maroon livery with a running number not yet produced?.... thinking about it though, there can't be many that you haven't covered....

• JR_P
      JR_P commented
      Editing a comment
      Joel, upon investigation on t'interweb this evening, if you are considering a red DB 67, i *believe* that 67027 was first painted into the new standard DB red livery in Feb 2014, which would give the longest timeframe for a 67 in said livery....

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, we thought we may give the EWS livery a rest for a while :-)

id be interested in a cala sleeper on also

Comment

In response to JR_P above, I believe Dapol have done the following in EWS livery:
      powered - 2, 8, 9, 24, 27, 30 - of these 27 had nameplates supplied, but not 2 (which also was one of the named locos in this livery)
      dummy - 1, 22, 26 (none with nameplates, although 1 was a named loco at one time)

In other liveries both royal train locos have been done (5 as a dummy, 6 powered), and 26 in its Diamond Jubilee livery was done as a limited edition for modelbahnunion.

18 in its one-off red livery has also been done.
      29 in its original silver livery was done in a set with its matching DVT (both of the real ones now carry a modified livery).

In Wrexham & Shropshie, 13 was done as part of a set with 2 Mk3s and a DVT, and 10 and 12 as dummies which were sold exclusively by Wrexham & Shropshire themselves (I'm still trying to get hold of 10! They rarely appear second-hand) All had nameplates with them, and interestingly those for 10 - Charles Darwin - were never actually applied to the real loco in the end. I don't know why.

1 has been done in Arriva blue in a set with 2 Mk3s and a DVT.

27 was definitely the first to go into the red and grey livery - your timeframe sounds about right. The other two, 13 and 15, were previously in Chiltern livery and were both done soon after the 67s stopped being used on Chiltern trains.

I like 67s - I'm sure nobody would have guessed...

Comment

• JR_P
        JR_P commented
        Editing a comment
        DavidInYork - WOW that is some *serious* knowledge ;-)

Given the rarity of the Chiltern ones on ebay and the silly prices they go for, I think there is a market for an unbranded silver 67012 or 67014.

Comment

• VoyagerBen
        VoyagerBen commented
        Editing a comment
        Like with the Arriva blue 67, I would happily buy an unbranded Chiltern grey/silver 67 to run as a light engine, or use as a thunderbird rescue loco. Just need Dapol to produce an EC and a VTEC class 91 +MK4 coaches & DVT so we can model the thunderbird duties. The 91's & DVT would need a removable coupler at the nose end to facilitate coupling to the 67's.
    Working...
    X