Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dapol N gauge Class 66: Future livery suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jacowin80
    commented on 's reply
    Seems a shame that Farish have gone for an exclusive as they have just released a batch of 66's so I feel the next batch due from them will be quite a while off. I suppose that is how business works and Probably a bit of money going in Freightliner's direction.

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    I've already started a topic on the Dapol Digest for those limited editions...

https://digest.dapol.co.uk/forum/n-g...apol-class-66s

Leave a comment:

• JackD09
    replied
    Just in case no one knew decorates samples of 66789 in BR blue livery and 66783 in biffa livery are now on the gaugemaster website.

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Doesn't matter Joel. Hope you'll still go ahead with the rest. Personally I don't think the competitors model captures the look and character of the Class 66 (which is funny because their OO gauge version seems to do just that).

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    No, still waiting. I think GF have asked for exclusive on this so I am not hopeful :-(.

• jacowin80
    commented on 's reply
    No problem at all. Gaugemaster have done a great job in commissioning Dapol to make the models. Here's hoping for a few more livery's from Dapol in the same batch. The new Freightliner would be a great choice as it will be quite a while before Farish get around to it. I have noticed that gaugemaster has samples back and they are looking good.

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Alright I wasn't dreaming or anything. Joel Dapol said in post #3.6 of this very thread that they're waiting for the permission for the last one before they announce the next batch.

Joel Dapol have you'll had any luck with the permission?

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    My apologies, I interpreted your original message incorrectly. I thought you suggested it be part of the "Gaugemaster Collection".

And FWIW, I think Dapol are going to announce another run of Class 66s. I mean it's only logical.

I recall reading about an announcement shortly, but with my bad memory I could be thinking of the previous run.

• jacowin80
    commented on 's reply
    JeremiahBunyan Dapol could release the new frightliner livery themselves on the same production run. I'm sure that there will be more than two 66 livery's been released within this batch.

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    jacowin80 you'd need to ask Gaugemaster Controls for that, not Dapol. Dapol are a manufacturer only. That don't commission special editions for retailers etc. Retailers commission it from them.

• jacowin80
    commented on 's reply
    I would be up for one, any chance of this been released with the gaugemaster specials. If permission would be granted i'm sure it would be a sure seller.

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    I hope you'll do get permission.

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    IT is a great livery and we would love to do it, let's hope we can get the relevant permissions.

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    From WNXX, credits to A Ned if I am not mistaken....

http://www.wnxx.com/18/1807/300718/6...%20A%20Ned.jpg

Looks so much better out in the open! I'm starting to love this livery. Hope Dapol produce this next year

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    The Freightliner/G&W Class 66s are finally making an appearance in the new livery. Here is Class 66 #66413

Leave a comment:

Working...
X