Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul-H
    replied
    Just had my Evening Star delivered and it appears to have an issue, the red lights on one end don't work, anything I could try before going through the hassle of returning it, did a quick visual and all wires are connected.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• DiTape
    replied
    My Evening Star arrived today, What a lovely model!!!!

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Joel. Accessing the Digest via a phone is different. Couldn't report it.

Cheers!

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Jeremiah, Ronaldo is another troll I am afraid with a fake/temporary email. I have banned him now. Very sad that people put so much effort into such a negative direction.

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Joel Dapol I will email you soon.

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Ronaldo what do you mean supporter until now??? I've not mentioned anything about myself ceasing to support Dapol. I think everyone has a rough day and my experience with a Dapol rep was nothing but a one-time thing. Please don't jump to conclusions. I think it's quite clear that you're agenda is to be a very annoying personality and you want to pull Dapol down. I've shared my experience simply because I wanted to know what's the next step.

Please leave your assumptions to yourself.

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Jeremiah, drop me an email [email protected]. I am sure we can sort something out.

• Ronaldo
    commented on 's reply
    My sympathies Jeremiah. You have been nothing but a supporter of Dapol until now.
    However, your experience unfortunately is the rule, rather than an exception where customer service is concerned.
    I suppose it shows that Dapol are even handed in handing our poor service, or perhaps their customer service people don't read the digest

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    What I was surprised by was the Dapol rep's sudden dry reply. Up until then all conversations were polite and had a friendly touch. I understand problems with credit cards can be frustrating but a dryish reply saying they aren't prepared for further card details for me and that if I wanted one I'd have to do a BACS (which I presume is a bank transfer)...just didn't expect a reply like that regarding cards.

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    Luck is never on my side...confirmed today. The "Evening Star" was the model I eagerly waited for for many months. It was to be a gift for me from my mother. Unfortunately her credit card was stolen few months ago, upon re-issuing it the card was not allowed for international use.

I quickly arranged for dad's debit card which I recently used to buy track from a well known online retailer. Sent in the details to Dapol only to be told that the card was declined.

Arranged for a third card (this time dad's credit card) but was told by a Dapol rep that they wouldn't be accepting any card details from me again. Really unfortunate and I'm really upset, but looks like I'll have to forget about Dapol's Class 66 "Evening Star" and settle for the competitor's model of the same. Not at all happy but I don't think there's much that can be done now...

Leave a comment:

• DavidInYork
    replied
    Are these still available to order? Not a member of the collector's club at the moment but it would be worth joining to get this!
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• mokjumbo
    replied
    Absolutely Stunning.

Leave a comment:

• austinbob
    commented on 's reply
    Bumped it to the front of my running in queue - runs perfectly. Complements my 9F Evening Star well.

• austinbob
    replied
    Received mine this morning - beautiful model - gave it the recommended lubrication and it runs like a dream.
    It'll now have to join the queue for running in as I've got a bit of a backlog
    Nice one Dapol

Leave a comment:

• r23betts
    replied
    Mine arrived yesterday, a lovely surprise to come home to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X