No announcement yet.

66779 Evening Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait for this. I will be buying one when it comes out.

Comment

Neil Dapol #15.2

Many thanks Neil, much appreciated!

Comment

Re-joined the collectors club 5 seconds ago, just for this.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Joined the Collector's Club because I suggested this model...so I had to have it! LOL.

• RailGooner
          RailGooner commented
          Editing a comment
          JB, you're probably responsible for a sizeable sudden increase in membership, so you'll have no doubt got free membership as a thank you!?!

Is there a chance for us to see the artwork for this locomotive?
        Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Neil Dapol
          Neil Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          I will be posting photographs of the deco sample for club members to review and hope to gain constructive comment to improve it where necessary.

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds good!

LIKE Neil Dapol's comment #19.1.

Comment

Hi Neil,
          Pics of deco sample sounds good & can't wait to see!
          Any idea when those Expression of Interest forms will be being sent out?
          Cheers, David

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            If you watch Callum Willcox's video on the Dapol stand at Warley 2016, you'll catch a glimpse of it. His channel name is SDJR7F88

Would it be possible to do this model in a gloss finish? I've successfully captured the gloss look on T-gauge stuff.
          Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• RailGooner
            RailGooner commented
            Editing a comment
            Personally, I've never been a fan of gloss finishes and any models I buy with a gloss finish go straight under the gun for a coat of satin or matt varnish. A high gloss finish when viewed from a 'scale distance' will look quite flat. I'd advocate that a satin finish on a model provides an acceptable representation of a gloss finish on the prototype.
            Last edited by RailGooner; 8 December 2016, 22:03. Reason: disambiguation

Hi,
          There's a photo of the sample in the new Model Rail (#230 - January '17 ), I had my subscription copy arrive today. From memory It's printed far too light when compared to the sample Neil showed me at the Warley show.
          There has been a little comment about the mag item on RMweb as the article doesn't mention it's N gauge, although I have already commented there that it's an understandable omission, and given that Dapol don't do a 66 in OO...

Regards, Gerry.

Comment

• Neil Dapol
            Neil Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Gerry,

Thank you for your comment, it has printed out a little lighter in the magazine compared to the deco sample sat on my desk at the moment. Thank you for passing comment elsewhere. It was an unfortunate oversight in the text of the magazine but not the end of the world, like you say we do not make a OO Gauge Class 66. Hopefully any confusion has now been cleaed up and people can make their own minds up.

I hope to photograph the model over the next day or so and put photographs in the club members section of the digest initially then a week or so later in the general section for people to pass constructive comment with a view to making it as accurate a model as possible.

Kind Regards

Neil

• Joel Dapol
            Joel Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I thought the RMweb comment by the contributor was a bit harsh and rude.

Any way of getting the bell on the front?

Comment

• RailGooner
            RailGooner commented
            Editing a comment
            The bell is an integral part of the livery. So the bell has to be on the model.

• Neil Dapol
            Neil Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            A bell is in development

• RailGooner
            RailGooner commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Neil

I mentioned this model on Facebook last night. Hopefully it has stirred some interest in new membership.

Comment

Hi Dapol, what's the latest on this one? As I understand it, Evening Star and the Railway Honours Patriot were part of the same production run. I see from Revolution that Patriot has now been delivered to them ready to be sent to customers, so I assume that Evening Star is probably in a similar situation. Any confirmation on this including next steps, payments to be taken etc?

Many thanks!
            Paul

Comment

Mine arrived yesterday, a lovely surprise to come home to.

Comment

Received mine this morning - beautiful model - gave it the recommended lubrication and it runs like a dream.
              It'll now have to join the queue for running in as I've got a bit of a backlog
              Nice one Dapol

Comment

• austinbob
                austinbob commented
                Editing a comment
                Bumped it to the front of my running in queue - runs perfectly. Complements my 9F Evening Star well.

Absolutely Stunning.

Comment

Are these still available to order? Not a member of the collector's club at the moment but it would be worth joining to get this!
                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X