66779 Evening Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 66779 Evening Star

Can we expect to see the Final 66 produced in N Gauge? I see that many are already starting to reproduce this livery in 00 with a step by step guide recently being published in one of the popular magazines.

If Dapol are planning on doing this in N gauge please put me down for one! I would really love one.
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

I would like one to

Comment

I do not consider myself a modern image fan--but when I saw pictures of 66779 at the NRM it shouted "Model This in N"--BR lined Green Late crest Named "Evening Star" ---Perfection!!!!!! oh a while your contemplating that how about the (now diminishing in numbers)Grey GBRf with Orange titles and numbers (pretty pretty please)

Comment

Do Dapol have tooling for the low-emission 66? It is slightly different from the original 66, and has an additional door part-way along one side of the loco.

Comment

I think Evening Star is an excellent idea, we just have to get the relevant permissions, which I shall work on.
          Last edited by Joel Dapol; 1 July 2016, 09:00. Reason: Spelling
          Regards
          Joel

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• baister1
            baister1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn't join the club again for this, as much as I want it. My experience was too poor.

• Andy Dapol
            Andy Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            baister1 I'll reply to your PM and posting as one, I'm sorry you had a poor experience, however time moves on and improvements have been made. I think even based on a purely economic calculation, you will find that VFM (Value for Money) will be far better on this model as a club special, rather than a regular retail purchase, even if you factor in your club membership fee bearing in mind the many other benefits of club membership.

• baister1
            baister1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've re-joined the club. I'm sure it can't be any worse than it was last time I was a member and figure it a cheaper option than getting one from eBay.

Count me in , Having seen it in the flesh , Looks great , But how about a Twin pack 92220 " Evening star " with 66779 " Evening Star " As a Last built Pack .

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            Great idea Andrew..count me in!

• Arthur Hodgett
            Arthur Hodgett commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too, either the Evening star 66 on it's own or a twin pack.

• DiTape
            DiTape commented
            Editing a comment
            The twin pack sounds very appealing.

I'd buy one if it were a regular single item retail product. If a club exclusive and/or a bookset, I'd have to redecorate one of my existing inventory instead.

I already own 92220 "Evening Star" - which, ironically, was a club exclusive IIRC. Besides, I simply cannot afford book-sets anymore. The one exception I've budgeted for is a Class 43 First GWR book-set. Post brexit, and with three Revolution Trains' orders paid up in advance, I'm financially blinkered to all but single item products for the foreseeable future. No book-sets, no twin-packs, no D/EMUs over 2 cars long. If I really want any such items, I will have to hope that Santa is generous. I suspect I'm not alone in having to accept that I need to cut back spending on my hobby in these uncertain times.

Doh, sorry for such a doom-laden post. On a brighter note, TFI Friday!

Comment

Now confirmed as a Collectors Club special. If you are registered as a club member more info is here.
            The link will only work for club members who have linked their forum profile to their club membership. (to do this please either register or log in and use the link in the notice at the top of the page. ensure you enter your club membership number)

If you would like to buy this model, but are not a member, then even with your joining fee, it's still exceptional value, especially as you get 15% off any regular Dapol purchase and there are several other club exclusives to choose from, all at great discounts from RRP plus all the other club benefits.
            Last edited by Andy Dapol; 5 October 2016, 23:17. Reason: Clarified club information
            Regards
            Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
              JeremiahBunyan commented
              Editing a comment
              Is there any confirmed date as to when these are being produced and due into stock? And please note, unlike others I'll be happy to even have an estimate date of production/arrival. It will help me save. So even a PM regarding the estimated arrival is great for me!

Ahh...That turned out sooner than expected. I'll be joining the club and buying one if funds permit! Hope stocks last. I've just spent my money on Two Dapol Class 86s (one of which Royal Mail managed to lose) and a Class 92...

Fingers crossed I''ll have money to joing the Dapol Collector's Club and buy this model.

Just one question though - When is it due in stock?
            Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

The art work for the rest of the locos in this production run is being scrutinised at the moment, so they won't be too far off.
              Regards
              Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                JeremiahBunyan commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks like I'll need to save every penny now! Doh!

What is the estimated MRP going to be for this model Andy Dapol
              Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                Joel Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                To club members it is £85

• JeremiahBunyan
                JeremiahBunyan commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Joel

Hi,
              Was shown the sample by Neil on Saturday at the Warley NEC show - outstanding.
              Have signed up for one and the 'Patriot' 66 on the RevolutioN stand.

Regards, Gerry.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                Joel Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                We'll get some pictures done shortly.

• Neil Dapol
                Neil Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                When I have got over the shock of my first Warley I will get some photographs taken and put them up, I am keen on receiving constructive improvement opportunity comments to ensure that this club special is as good as it can be. Based on comments at Warley and the take up on the model by club members so far it is going to be very popular...

• JeremiahBunyan
                JeremiahBunyan commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Neil and Joel, I'm currently awaiting my Dapol Club Membership to be processed, once that is done I'll buy one. Money already saved up and waiting to be spent on this beauty.

I haven't seen the model as yet, but I did start a thread elsewhere within the Class 66 sub-forum on here, my only suggestion is to leave handrails as they are in bare metal, usually painting them makes them look very chunky and over-scale. Both my Class 86's have bare metal handrails and they look beautiful and to scale.

However that's only my personal opinion and suggestion, many may not like it and many will probably agree.

When can I place a reservation for this?

Comment

• Neil Dapol
                Neil Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                I will be sending expressions of interest out electronically shortly and will also include them in the next collectors club magazine.

I too, would like to order one of these. Currently waiting for authorization to the club area to see details etc.

Comment

• Neil Dapol
                Neil Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry for the delay in setting you up for the club section of the digest. I will be attributing permission to the people currently waiting in the morning.

• baister1
                baister1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not awaiting permission, I'm waiting on hearing how to order this model which others seem to have ordered already. This specific model was the reason i re-joined and I really don't want to miss it.

• Neil Dapol
                Neil Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                my authorisation comment was for Paul sorry if it didn't follow properly. As I posted on your earlier comment, I will be sending out the expression of interest forms electronically shortly and also in the next club magazine for those that do not use or have access to the internet.

Kind regards

Neil
            Working...
            X