Just a quick question and a bit of help please.

Firstly I'm not sure what it's called, but over the years I've heard it being called a snowplough, air dam, baffle plate, cow catcher and valance...whatever be it it's name can anyone tell me if it is removable on the Dapol model? I'd love to have my locomotives as realistic as possible and therefore I dislike the simple fact that it swings with the bogie. Seeing that there's virtually no chance that I'll ever run it with any stock I'd love to have it removed and permanently fixed to the buffer beam.

So in terms of design is it removable or do I have to do some cutting?