Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Not in this iminent batch I am afraid, but excellent choices for early 2018 perhaps.

• Bluebird_Twitcher
    replied
    Are any of the recent GBRf specials being considered?
    66718 London Transport black, 66721 London Underground map, 66727 Maritime One blue, 66743/746 Royal Scotsman maroon? I'm aware that 66779 Evening Star is a club special and hope to purchase one shortly!

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Yes please, remember watching the TV programs last week.

• Sammy2710
    replied
    Hi
    Can I make another suggestion for a future run of 66 528
    MADGE ELLIOT MBE
    Borders Railway Opening 2015
    a great railway campaigner who kept onto govt. to get the Borders railway reopened

Leave a comment:

• RailGooner
    replied
    Originally posted by steadfast View Post
    Will the next production run revert to using the better style of bogie mouldings that were first introduced on the low emission 66? ...
    And just as importantly how will the imperfect models already produced be corrected?

Leave a comment:

• RailGooner
    commented on 's reply
    Mmmm, this is not good. Not good at all.

• steadfast
    replied
    Sadly not, the Powerhaul 66 I linked to above is from the most recent runs, as are the white roof EWS and debranded 66612, all feature the mk 1 style bogie frames.
    I did check to make sure I wasn't going daft, the Colas twin pack and 66709 with the ship graphics were both released with mk 2 style bogie frames.

Jo

Leave a comment:

• RailGooner
    replied
    Originally posted by steadfast View Post
    Will the next production run revert to using the better style of bogie mouldings that were first introduced on the low emission 66?
    The most recent runs of 66s have used the cruder and incorrectly shaped original mouldings from the original class 66 release, as per: https://az837062.vo.msecnd.net/produ...g?preset=large

The better style of bogie frame is fully interchangeable and I believe some 66s (non low emission spec) were released with these updated mouldings, not using them on the recent batch did put me off buying any

Jo
    Can this be right?!? Way back when production began to turnout models with the corrected bogie frames (henceforth I'll call them Mk.2), I bought enough spares to retrofit my early models that had incorrect bogie frames (Mk.1). At the time I was a little bit miffed that I had to pay to fix this inaccuracy. But I wasn't putting a lot of effort into research at the time, so accepted some responsibility. I did assume though that all future production from that point on would have accurate bogie frames (Mk.2) if nothing else.

So I haven't been scrutinizing the bogie frames of the last two dozen 66s purchased. Right now I'm on sick leave and MBH will rightly do her nut if I go crawling around the attic to inspect and compare my stock.

I mean absolutely no disrespect steadfast in saying I really really hope you've got this wrong. I'm sure Joel or Neil can clarify.

Leave a comment:

• steadfast
    replied
    Will the next production run revert to using the better style of bogie mouldings that were first introduced on the low emission 66?
    The most recent runs of 66s have used the cruder and incorrectly shaped original mouldings from the original class 66 release, as per: https://az837062.vo.msecnd.net/produ...g?preset=large

The better style of bogie frame is fully interchangeable and I believe some 66s (non low emission spec) were released with these updated mouldings, not using them on the recent batch did put me off buying any

Jo

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    replied
    We have already decided on our next run of Class 66's I am afraid and these will be being released shortly and include the new Freightliner Powerhaul livery and recently renamed 66418 Patriot. We are making this as part of Project Railway Honour, details of which can be found here www.projectrailwayhonour.com I do agree however, that 66614 would be a great livery for us to look at, perhaps for the next batch for 2018.

Leave a comment:

• Sammy2710
    started a topic possible next 66 production run

possible next 66 production run

Hi Dapol
    wondering if you are considering another 66 run, I would like to put forward for consideration the Freightliner 66614 “POPPY”

Sam

Working...
X