Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible next 66 production run

Hi Dapol
    wondering if you are considering another 66 run, I would like to put forward for consideration the Freightliner 66614 “POPPY”

Sam

We have already decided on our next run of Class 66's I am afraid and these will be being released shortly and include the new Freightliner Powerhaul livery and recently renamed 66418 Patriot. We are making this as part of Project Railway Honour, details of which can be found here www.projectrailwayhonour.com I do agree however, that 66614 would be a great livery for us to look at, perhaps for the next batch for 2018.
    Regards
    Joel

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Will the next production run revert to using the better style of bogie mouldings that were first introduced on the low emission 66?
      The most recent runs of 66s have used the cruder and incorrectly shaped original mouldings from the original class 66 release, as per: https://az837062.vo.msecnd.net/produ...g?preset=large

The better style of bogie frame is fully interchangeable and I believe some 66s (non low emission spec) were released with these updated mouldings, not using them on the recent batch did put me off buying any

Jo

Comment

Originally posted by steadfast View Post
        Will the next production run revert to using the better style of bogie mouldings that were first introduced on the low emission 66?
        The most recent runs of 66s have used the cruder and incorrectly shaped original mouldings from the original class 66 release, as per: https://az837062.vo.msecnd.net/produ...g?preset=large

The better style of bogie frame is fully interchangeable and I believe some 66s (non low emission spec) were released with these updated mouldings, not using them on the recent batch did put me off buying any

Jo
        Can this be right?!? Way back when production began to turnout models with the corrected bogie frames (henceforth I'll call them Mk.2), I bought enough spares to retrofit my early models that had incorrect bogie frames (Mk.1). At the time I was a little bit miffed that I had to pay to fix this inaccuracy. But I wasn't putting a lot of effort into research at the time, so accepted some responsibility. I did assume though that all future production from that point on would have accurate bogie frames (Mk.2) if nothing else.

So I haven't been scrutinizing the bogie frames of the last two dozen 66s purchased. Right now I'm on sick leave and MBH will rightly do her nut if I go crawling around the attic to inspect and compare my stock.

I mean absolutely no disrespect steadfast in saying I really really hope you've got this wrong. I'm sure Joel or Neil can clarify.

Comment

Sadly not, the Powerhaul 66 I linked to above is from the most recent runs, as are the white roof EWS and debranded 66612, all feature the mk 1 style bogie frames.
          I did check to make sure I wasn't going daft, the Colas twin pack and 66709 with the ship graphics were both released with mk 2 style bogie frames.

Jo

Comment

• RailGooner
            RailGooner commented
            Editing a comment
            Mmmm, this is not good. Not good at all.

Originally posted by steadfast View Post
          Will the next production run revert to using the better style of bogie mouldings that were first introduced on the low emission 66? ...
          And just as importantly how will the imperfect models already produced be corrected?

Comment

Hi
            Can I make another suggestion for a future run of 66 528
            MADGE ELLIOT MBE
            Borders Railway Opening 2015
            a great railway campaigner who kept onto govt. to get the Borders railway reopened

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
              JeremiahBunyan commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes please, remember watching the TV programs last week.

Are any of the recent GBRf specials being considered?
            66718 London Transport black, 66721 London Underground map, 66727 Maritime One blue, 66743/746 Royal Scotsman maroon? I'm aware that 66779 Evening Star is a club special and hope to purchase one shortly!

Comment

• Joel Dapol
              Joel Dapol commented
              Editing a comment
              Not in this iminent batch I am afraid, but excellent choices for early 2018 perhaps.

Joel Dapol what models apart from Patriot and Evening Star are you'll producing? Is it posible for you'll to share a list of the models in the pipeline?
            Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Joel Dapol
              Joel Dapol commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, we will publish the list soon with some photos.

• JeremiahBunyan
              JeremiahBunyan commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Joel Dapol, cannot wait to see it.

Hi Joel, Re your post #2, if you're already thinking about a further batch in 2018, I would like to nominate (any one of) 66747-749 GBRF grey with orange Titles and body side number, particularly as it will "stand out from the crowd"

Chris

Comment

• Joel Dapol
              Joel Dapol commented
              Editing a comment
              We'll check it out, thank you.

Is it possible to see some pictures of the artwork for these?
            Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Hi
              would like to throw this one into the pot as well the newly named 66775 "HMS ARGYLL F231" for 2018 run

Sam

Comment

I'd love to see Dapol produce a twin pack or singles of:-

- 66718 "Sir Peter Hendy OBE"
                - 66721 "Harry Beck"

both of these locomotives carrying the London Underground Tube maps in their special black and white liveries respectively.
                Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

This picture by Keiran Newman (forgive me if I have spelt your name wrong) from TINGS shows one Freightliner Class 66. No clue if the next batch's details have been made public here but this looks to be one of the locos from the forthcoming batch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180909_215024.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	7894
                  Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

They also had 66002 in DB stickered EWS livery. Nice variation, shame the usual poor rendition of the DB logo. Didn't get a pic ,sorry

​​​​​​Jo

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                      JeremiahBunyan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Was there any others or just these two?
                  Working...
                  X