X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Hi,
    No movement on the N gauge version yet. It is still scheduled to commence development ASAP after the OO version is produced, so I would anticipate seeing some CADs next year. We will issue anticipated dates once we have started the project.

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    As they said last time, the N gauge Class 59 would follow after the OO gauge Class 59 (which is still at the livery sample stage). So there's a long way to go I'm afraid. Atleast a year away for the N gauge version.

• Ian3721
    replied
    Evening all, I was just wondering if there was any chance of having an update on the class 59...

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Well atleast I am early with that suggestion. Please do consider it Joel Dapol . If you'll design the Class 59's "Next Generation" chassis such that the body of your current Class 66 can fit on it, then you automatically get a higher spec Class 66.

Just to put things in persepective, I run my Class 68 almost everyday, simply becuase I am awestruck by how smooth and silent it is. Honestly never seen a model so good.

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    A bit early to say really, but I would imagine it is possible.

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Would the Class 59 also be designed in such a way where the Class 66 can benefit from an upgrade? Basically the chassis is what I am talking about.

• Andy Dapol
    replied
    Hi,
    Yes, we are waiting for the corrected/adjusted samples to arrive for approval. Regarding the 'N' gauge version, this would be an all new model with similar features to the class 68 and class 50.

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    Originally posted by chriswrightmk View Post
    I see the OO version is progressing to art work stage. It is to be hoped they sell well so n N version can be progressed. They get around about these days and several liveries abound. Presumably the Class 66 chassis/motor can be used
    They've gone past the 2nd painted sample stage also.....

Leave a comment:

• chriswrightmk
    replied
    I see the OO version is progressing to art work stage. It is to be hoped they sell well so n N version can be progressed. They get around about these days and several liveries abound. Presumably the Class 66 chassis/motor can be used

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    commented on 's reply
    59005 was named Kenneth J Painter from new. It was 59002 that was renamed.
    I will be renaming my 59002 when it arrives to its original name.

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    There's no real evidence to show that they'll sell more if the did one of the originals. You can either re-name it or wait for the next batch. Dapol will look to use the tooling multiple times to recoup their investment, so it's not like it will never be done. People will still buy it!

• Bob G
    replied
    I would get the original version IF Dapol did it with the original names i.e. Yeoman Enterprise, etc and NOT with Kenneth J Painter as that was renamed in about 1991. Dapol really ought to model these from the date of introduction in 1986. I dont want to have to buy a set of plates to rename it.

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    As Dapol said, the N gauge Class 59 will only come after the OO gauge Class 59. So I am afraid you'll only hear something about this after the Class 59 is out or around the time the OO gauge Class 59s are going to hit the shelves. Dapol has stated that the N gauge Class 59 will be developed in line with the N gauge Class 68 and OO gauge Class 59 and Class 68. They hope to use their experience from these to help better the N gauge Class 59.

As quoted by Dapol....
    "The N gauge class 59, though announced sometime ago was researched and placed into design stage mid 2015. This model is to be an all-new design, benefiting from our experiences with the N Class 68 as well as the OO class 68 and class 59 models.
    The model will be sound ready, and the specification is not yet fixed, as we hope to be able to improve on this. Due to this and that this model is following behind the OO version, it is not yet in tooling which is an advantage as we are able to incorporate changes, modifications and suggestions from yourselves."

• Ian3721
    replied
    Hi, wondering if there is an update on this model. From the very informative Dapol open day, no further news. The 68s are truly amazing, and I believe have set the benchmark for others to follow.

Leave a comment:

• Bob G
    replied
    I think you just lost a class 59 sale - I've changed my modelled eras to 1956 - 1966, and 1970-1976. Sold almost all the 1980+ era models.
    So get on with those class 50s in unrefurbished blue which i used to spot at Reading. And give us a date for the BB/WC too.

Thanks
    Bob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X