No announcement yet.

Class 59 Opening post:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would get the original version IF Dapol did it with the original names i.e. Yeoman Enterprise, etc and NOT with Kenneth J Painter as that was renamed in about 1991. Dapol really ought to model these from the date of introduction in 1986. I dont want to have to buy a set of plates to rename it.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      There's no real evidence to show that they'll sell more if the did one of the originals. You can either re-name it or wait for the next batch. Dapol will look to use the tooling multiple times to recoup their investment, so it's not like it will never be done. People will still buy it!

• Scruff
      Scruff commented
      Editing a comment
      59005 was named Kenneth J Painter from new. It was 59002 that was renamed.
      I will be renaming my 59002 when it arrives to its original name.

I see the OO version is progressing to art work stage. It is to be hoped they sell well so n N version can be progressed. They get around about these days and several liveries abound. Presumably the Class 66 chassis/motor can be used

Comment

Originally posted by chriswrightmk View Post
      I see the OO version is progressing to art work stage. It is to be hoped they sell well so n N version can be progressed. They get around about these days and several liveries abound. Presumably the Class 66 chassis/motor can be used
      They've gone past the 2nd painted sample stage also.....
      Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Hi,
        Yes, we are waiting for the corrected/adjusted samples to arrive for approval. Regarding the 'N' gauge version, this would be an all new model with similar features to the class 68 and class 50.
        Regards
        Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Would the Class 59 also be designed in such a way where the Class 66 can benefit from an upgrade? Basically the chassis is what I am talking about.

• Joel Dapol
          Joel Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          A bit early to say really, but I would imagine it is possible.

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Well atleast I am early with that suggestion. Please do consider it Joel Dapol . If you'll design the Class 59's "Next Generation" chassis such that the body of your current Class 66 can fit on it, then you automatically get a higher spec Class 66.

Just to put things in persepective, I run my Class 68 almost everyday, simply becuase I am awestruck by how smooth and silent it is. Honestly never seen a model so good.
      Working...
      X