Class 59 Opening post:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class 59 Opening post:

The N gauge class 59, though announced sometime ago was researched and placed into design stage mid 2015. This model is to be an all-new design, benefiting from our experiences with the N Class 68 as well as the OO class 68 and class 59 models.
    The model will be sound ready, and the specification is not yet fixed, as we hope to be able to improve on this. Due to this and that this model is following behind the OO version, it is not yet in tooling which is an advantage as we are able to incorporate changes, modifications and suggestions from yourselves. Please note the CAD views attached are 'Generic' i.e. they represent an amalgam of features found across the variants of the prototype. As always we welcome constructive discussion and specific comments can be posted below.
    Regards
    Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Andy,
    Basic shape is there the high stepping prototype was a beast when first seen and the variations on lamp housings over such a small group must be real tooling pain. Looking forward to this loco - I guess they have carried around a dozen liveries so plenty to be going at. hopefully wagons to suit will be available in tandem. Boxed sets of locos and wagons as train packs must be a possibility .

Comment

These look really good, I take it these are in the queue behind the 50's? Wagons to match sounds like a great idea too..Oh! My poor wallet!

Cheers
      Mark

Comment

CAD work for this upcoming Class 59 looks lovely. Eagerly awaiting to see the first EP samples.
        Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

It would be useful to see the CAD variations or at least a list of which variations are being catered for. There are variations even within the /0s let alone between the /1s and /2s!

Cheers, Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mike View Post
            It would be useful to see the CAD variations or at least a list of which variations are being catered for. There are variations even within the /0s let alone between the /1s and /2s!

Cheers, Mike
            I agree with Mike, Andy Dapol would you be able to share more images of the CAD work?
            Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

mike and JeremiahBunyan Quite right both; there are many individual differences between models and it's these which make it interesting! At this time, we have tooled for the /0, /1 & /2 types, along with the unique points of each of the announced models. When the EPs are received for these, I'll post pictures for discussion.
              We will then draw and tool additional models as and when required for each production run.As we reach EP and decoration stages, we will show the variations in more detail as they start to become reality.
              Regards
              Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                JeremiahBunyan commented
                Editing a comment
                Great! Loving Dapol's openness here. Cannot wait to see some samples...Still cannot make up my mind about the livery I want (cons of being a modeler with no era to follow)

I am really looking forward to the 59s. Please, please, please consider producing appropriate wagons as well. I am confident the availability of wagons will increase overall sales.
              Ged.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                JeremiahBunyan commented
                Editing a comment
                I thought Dapol said that they were working on a suitable wagon for it??? I remember seeing so many people mention that online.

One thing is for sure, This loco is going to push the second hand value of the black and yellow teams PGA and POA wagons through the roof!

Comment

Hoping that 59002 'Alan J Day' Aggregate Industries will be in the first batch released.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                  JeremiahBunyan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Class 59 #59002 'Alan J Day' Foster Yeoman Silver Livery - (N Gauge) Product code: 2D-005-000 is part of the first batch.

• RailGooner
                  RailGooner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hoping that 59002 'Alan J Day' Aggregate Industries will be in the second batch released.

I want an original original, i.e. Yeoman Enterprise or Highlander etc in Foster Yeoman silver. My modelling period will just about scrape to 1986...
                At the moment I am using repainted Dapol 66s.

Comment

According to a Facebook update the N gauge Class 59 is following the OO gauge Class 59 closely.

Therefore it's no more "In Abeyance"
                  Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Scruff
                    Scruff commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Superb news!

Sorry to be a nuisance but is there any chance of a proper update on the N gauge 59, I would like to know if it is due before or after the class 50..
                  Financial planning, you know how it is!

Cheers
                  Mark

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                    Joel Dapol commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Mark,

No proper update I am afraid. We are waiting to see what the response is like to the Class 50. If it goes well then we will make an announcement and outline a schedule for the Class 59..

• Scruff
                    Scruff commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Joel.. Hope the 50 sells like hot cakes!

Cheers
                    Mark

I think you just lost a class 59 sale - I've changed my modelled eras to 1956 - 1966, and 1970-1976. Sold almost all the 1980+ era models.
                  So get on with those class 50s in unrefurbished blue which i used to spot at Reading. And give us a date for the BB/WC too.

Thanks
                  Bob

Comment

Hi, wondering if there is an update on this model. From the very informative Dapol open day, no further news. The 68s are truly amazing, and I believe have set the benchmark for others to follow.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                      JeremiahBunyan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      As Dapol said, the N gauge Class 59 will only come after the OO gauge Class 59. So I am afraid you'll only hear something about this after the Class 59 is out or around the time the OO gauge Class 59s are going to hit the shelves. Dapol has stated that the N gauge Class 59 will be developed in line with the N gauge Class 68 and OO gauge Class 59 and Class 68. They hope to use their experience from these to help better the N gauge Class 59.

As quoted by Dapol....
                      "The N gauge class 59, though announced sometime ago was researched and placed into design stage mid 2015. This model is to be an all-new design, benefiting from our experiences with the N Class 68 as well as the OO class 68 and class 59 models.
                      The model will be sound ready, and the specification is not yet fixed, as we hope to be able to improve on this. Due to this and that this model is following behind the OO version, it is not yet in tooling which is an advantage as we are able to incorporate changes, modifications and suggestions from yourselves."
                  Working...
                  X