Re-run class 56s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-run class 56s?

Hi, I’ve noticed gaugemaster controls are taking pre-orders for some class 56s (ones that are currently out of stock?). And if there’s any news about these on here? And if so, when they might appear in stock?

Can't see any additional Class 56s. Can you share a link?
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• JackD09
      JackD09 commented
      Editing a comment
      Colas rail one is on this page and others on the page before...
      http://www.gaugemaster.com/search_re...&currentpage=3

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      Odd....Those are models that have been produced in the past as we know. The ones available to "ORDER" are mostly DCC and the only one that is DC with ORDER beside them is the Colas one.

I am sure it's nothing from Dapol, Dapol would've invested in newer liveries and numbers, not re-runs of older ones. I think the Gaugemaster website is not updated correctly, not updated at all or they have a few which they are adding DCC decoders to and selling.

thanks for your help, hopefully there will be new liveries/numbers in the future.

Comment

Hi

Juat wondering if there was any hope of a re run/new liveries of the class 56..

Dutch for example..?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello there, no plans at the moment. The last batch did not sell too well unfortunately. I do not know whether it was the liveries we chose or something else. Other than Dutch, what other liveries would people find interesting?

• Ed-Farms
        Ed-Farms commented
        Editing a comment
        Large Logo Blue
        Original Railfreight Grey

Both hard to come by options now, but certainly Dutch would be of interest to me
        Last edited by Ed-Farms; 16 March 2021, 14:21.

Hi Joel

Thanks for the reply, as Ed has said above, but also some of the DCR versions would certainly good options.

Comment

How about the current DCR livery?

Comment

Looks like another run of 56's is happening,

Fastline 56302, Large logo 56131, Transrail 56029, EWS 56059 amd DCR 56303 are listed. Is it too late to have a Dutch version as well, pretty please

https://live.staticflickr.com/8841/1...b9f46e71_b.jpg

Comment

• Neil Dapol
            Neil Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            Unfortunately Ed-Farms the tooling does not seem to support the locomotives that wore the Dutch livery so at this current juncture in time they are off the table.

• Ed-Farms
            Ed-Farms commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for your reply Neil, have to make do with Transrail grey instead

Glad there will be another large logo version, missed out on the first batch. Strange choice of 56131 though, as from what I can tell it wore regular large logo until 1987, then appeared with large logo small numbers when named, and then was in Trainload Coal by 1989.
          Last edited by Stuart Allen; 10 June 2021, 14:49. Reason: spelling

Comment

Looking at my Motive Power Pocket Book, 1992, there were still 3 in Large Logo, 56119, 56124 and 56126 - one of these would provide a model with a broader lifespan in that livery. Is it too late to change?

Comment

• Neil Dapol
              Neil Dapol commented
              Editing a comment
              HI Stuart, thank you for your feedback on the choice of class 56 running numbers. We plan to change to 56119 as a result. Many thanks!

Kind Regards

Neil

Hey, that's brilliant news. I'll be able to recreate this now without needing to re-number https://flic.kr/p/o9mMkh

Comment

hi dapol

well done - im pleased to see some re runs of your models is planned.

tbh ive had quite a few problems with my 3 class 56s... they all run extremely slow, some struggle to get to above a scale 20 mph. also the wires to the lights are ultra delicate and make removing the body perilous. ive a few with lights out of use now. one smells of burning and gets very hot. ive had to send them all in for repairs over the years.

on the new batch of 56s is the motor / gearing the same?

will the lighting arrangements be the same?

this will determine whether i order a new one.

the 26/27/33s/50s/121/122 are all so nice and have caused no problems at all... but 56s/58s have caused me a lot of problems over the years...

all the best

tim

Comment

Hello bluedepot
                Thanks for your enquiry. There are no changes to gearing as the existing gearing planned. The model runs at a scale speed of just over 82mph so is a little faster than the prototypes rated speed. We are changing the decoder to a next-18 type which will permit independent front/rear lighting control (as our other re-releases).

Regarding your problems, they seem to be related to your class 56 as this model shares mechanicals and wiring etc. with the other models you said are good. We'd be happy to look at these for you, via DCC Supplies, either as a warranty repair or chargeable service dependent on their warranty status.
                Regards
                Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Working...
                X