New Liveries (Potential)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Liveries (Potential)

I Know it might be a way off yet--to consider the "Grid" for new Liveries but since privatisation this loco has had a few and still getting some!!! the current most striking being "EuroPhoenix". (will try to find a picture)

https://digest.dapol.co.uk/filedata/...224&type=thumb

Last edited by Chris Newman; 29 June 2016, 18:29.

That would be a definite purchase. I would suggest producing it without the colas logos on the corners, as it is easier to add them separately afterwards than to take them off.
    Last edited by Alistair; 1 July 2016, 10:59.

Comment

I think we will have a new batch of Class 56's for 2017 and have some ideas ourselves including the Dutch and Transrail perhaps?, but all other suggestions and rationales welcomed.
      Regards
      Joel

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Dutch sounds good, how about Railfreight metals sector? The only problem I can see is the majority of these liveries were applied to the transition batch from Romanian to Doncaster build. Is the tooling flexible enough to accommodate the differences?

Cheers
        Mark

Comment

• Joel Dapol
          Joel Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          For some differences yes, but probably not all.

• Scruff
          Scruff commented
          Editing a comment
          I could live with that... Thanks Joel.
          Last edited by Scruff; 6 July 2016, 20:25. Reason: spelling... oops!

Yes, please. Dutch, Transrail Europhoenix and DCR.

Comment

DCR green and grey, maybe UKRL grey, or long shot, but some limited edition Fertis or Floyd, appealing to european modellers too...

Probably dutch would sell more than these liveries though...

Comment

Some of the new schemes are on bodies with changed head lamps and divided handrails so it may prove "fun" sorting a right or near best fit given tooling has large bezel on headlamps. but DCR liveries float my boat as well ! I am sure my own repaints will coincide with new models !

Comment

What I have always liked about Dapol compared to other n manufacturers is their ability to provide a wide range of liveries so put me down for Dutch , trans rail, fastline dcr floyd, fertis and Artemis

Comment

Put me down for a DCR Grey Class 56 (IIRC the number is 56312) named "Jeremiah Dixon"...

For 2 reasons:-
                - The name "Jeremiah"
                - I like the colour grey quite a bit
                Last edited by JeremiahBunyan; 15 November 2016, 16:11.
                Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Funny how no one has mentioned " FASTLINE FREIGHT " I would certianly have one of those , I would really like a Transrail 56 , has these were very common up here in the North !!

Comment

• mike
                    mike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Jeremiah - what relevance does Dapol having done a Fastline 66 make to Dapol potentially doing a Fastline 56??? I'm guessing you don't know the difference, but they are incredibly different!

I vote for a DCR Class 56303, like here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tguppy37401/14210617988/

Comment

Any chance of an update on the selections yet?

Cheers
                    Mark

Comment

Would you consider another 56 in Colas Livery? Missed the first run and Colas always seem to sell 😊

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                        Joel Dapol commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not in the near future I am afraid. It took us a while to sell the first batch.

• baister1
                        baister1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The Colas may have sold slowly but I feel the following has grown massively of late. Its another example that fetches crazy money on the second hand market.

Dutch was very nice on the 56 and I quite fancy one in that livery.

The Large Logo Blue 56090 seems to have been a popular one so that could also be a candidate for a re-run with a different running number, perhaps in the 561xx range.

Comment

a dutch limited edition loco may be a good shout

I suppose fastline or dcr as well although not my era to collect

Comment

Working...
                        X