No announcement yet.

D1015 Western Champion in Golden Ochre livery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Joel, Re your answer to Matt #4.1, do you think that it may be possible to issue the "Golden Ochre" & "Desert Sand" Versions with say a couple more Green And Maroon liveries (my primary period of interest) , by the end of this year or early next year please, as I'm looking forward to adding them to my small, but growing collection of "Hydraulics" along with the new Hymeks!!!

Comment

Hi, are we any closer to a re-run of the Western's in N-Gauge? I would definitely buy D1015 in Golden Ochre & one in Chromatic Blue if produced :-)

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Not this year I am afraid but I think for 2019 probably.

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        No harm in waiting a year or so. Enough to save up for and buy already.

A Chromatic one for me please! That's only colour I like on the Class 52s
      Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

I Would like to Re State my support for both Desert Sand and Golden Ochre, plus My Posting under the title "A Case for more green 52's". Chris

Comment

• Chris Newman
          Chris Newman commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Joel, Thanks for taking the time to Reply, So the possibility exists that "Desert Sand" is Do-able if say sparingly weathered in original "Service condition" (gets my interest & Vote). Upgrading in 2019 for "Next 18 DCC" and the addition of sound is great news---but does leave a serious remaining question, would early production locos be upgrade "Friendly" especially for sound, as not everyone can afford over £200+ in one go,to totally re-equip with new Loco's!!. Chris

• Joel Dapol
          Joel Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello Chris, New locos will have Next 18 sockets, so sound enabling older versions may be a bit trickier. I will have a word with our technical team and see what is possible. With regard to Desert Sands livery, I know Osborn's were keen to progress on this and it was me who delayed the project as we have/had stock of existing lines. I will give them the first option on this before announcing our own versions, probably next year.

• Joel Dapol
          Joel Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Gerry, I forgot about Desert sand NWP.

Hi Joel, I have a couple of questions re your post 19.5. 1)Have Osborn's indicated to you when they might let you know their intention in respect of the Desert Sand Livery??
        2) is it possible do you think that DCC Supplies could be prevailed upon to undertake Sound conversion to older loco's??

Chris
        Last edited by Chris Newman; 8th February 2019, 22:59. Reason: To Correct spelling mistakes

Comment

• Chris Newman
          Chris Newman commented
          Editing a comment
          Joel Dapol, hi joel yes at least 1 green (see my post "A case for more green 52's".These special liveriesi would definitely like too see in their as seen in service condition with light weathering(if any). Chris.
          Last edited by Chris Newman; 13th June 2019, 22:55.

• Tony Bending
          Tony Bending commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Joel
          Re "...any suggestions..." - the "missing" liveries, if you want to call them that, that would interest me are - Desert Sand (No Yellow Ends), All over maroon with yellow buffer beam, Golden Ochre and BR Blue (Chromatic if that means anything) with half yellow ends. There still seems to be plenty of the main stream liveries still available...er, except for Green!
          Thanks - Tony
          Last edited by Tony Bending; 14th June 2019, 18:30.

• Joel Dapol
          Joel Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          Good suggestions, when I am finished I will compile a list and put it on here for comment.

If you can't wait for Dapol to bring out the Golden Ochre version it is possible to buy a body from DCC supplies and have a go yourself. The finish may not be as good as one made by Dapol but it is satisfying to have a go. By buying a body first you can paint it and see how you get on at a low cost - that's what I did. I attained a finish that i thought was acceptable using the spare body. I then repainted the chassis from one of my other Westerns in order to get a full working order Western Champion. Doing it this way minimises the risk of destroying an expensive loco.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181213_160743.jpg Views:	0 Size:	628.3 KB ID:	8513Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3790.JPG Views:	0 Size:	543.0 KB ID:	8512
        Last edited by Chris M; 8th May 2019, 08:07.

Comment

I did the same to get a blue small yellow panel one. I don't subscribe to the chromatic blue theory so it is just BR blue. The only livery missing from my collection is maroon with yellow buffers. Lovely models and they have all worked long, hard and faultlessly on exhibition duties. Looking forward to a class 50 later in the year.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190123_123718.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	311.1 KB
ID:	8515

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            If you see my comment above... i.e. #22.6 I have tagged/mentioned you.

• Chris Newman
            Chris Newman commented
            Editing a comment
            JeremiahBunyan Like this then?? looks like it(LOL)Hurrah!!learned something new.
            Last edited by Chris Newman; 12th June 2019, 14:23. Reason: adding extra comment.

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup you got the hang of it! And when you actually type in the @ followed by the name, if you wait a few seconds you'll get a list of suggetions. I noticed that in your comment further up, Joel's name didn't get tagged, there's a space between Joel and Dapol.

Desert Sand, Golden Ochre and Chromatic Blue will all be very welcome. I think the Farish model was unpopular because it was so poor.

Comment

• baister1
            baister1 commented
            Editing a comment
            ...and more Green too!!!
        Working...
        X