Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for your comments Scruff. Next batch will probably be announced early summer, (once production returns to normal).

• Scruff
    replied
    Hi to all at Dapol.
    Just a quick message to say thanks for the class 50 models. They are a cracking model, got 2, a third on the way and plans for another 1 or 2 from this batch.
    looking forward to the second batch!
    Cheers
    Mark.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Newman
    replied
    Hi Joel, in your reply to Simon #10.1, good news indeed, do you foresee this possibly being the way forward for other new projects and upgraded re-runs of old favourites like class 52s???

Chris

PS I'm moving on to other posts that I'd like to hear your thoughts/comments on like 52's and Bubble cars (so do try to keep up please)LOL)
    Last edited by Chris Newman; 6 October 2017, 13:27. Reason: to add an after thought

Leave a comment:

• Simon James
    replied
    Thanks Joel, that's great news, means I can buy more when they come out and upgrade them slowly.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Simon, yes the sound project will be available separately..

• Simon James
    replied
    I can't wait for these to come out. So pleased they are out of the sidings and back on track.
    One question. Will you be making the sound chips available as a separate item in the future. So if I buy a standard one I could upgrade it at a later date.

Leave a comment:

• PaulShanahanUK
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome! And sounds versions too! Leviathan sound is definitely on the purchase list then!

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    I would normally post CAD shots, but since it still looks just like a 50 on the outside then I've omitted this for now
    I'll be updating with further information over the coming weeks and months as the model progresses through various stages.
    Hello Andy Dapol I have a few queries...

Is the CAD for the body the same? i.e. are you'll only have the internal and basically electric parts re-designed? Or is the Class 50 going to be completely re-designed from the ground up? As yu've said in your OP it has been completely re-engineered, does that mean the whole thing re-designed or just the internal electronics?

If the CAD for the body is going to be the same I have some points for Dapol's development team to note down. However this I will PM you with after clarification from your end as I don't want to start another discussion on errors resulting in some worthless Dapol bashing.

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    PaulShanahanUK the liveries and product codes are now up on Dapol's website. Please check out the link below.
    https://www.dapol.co.uk/Class-50-Hoover

Leave a comment:

• DavidInYork
    commented on 's reply
    Thnk you will find that the power unit from DP2 went in several 50s over the years as it became part of the CLass 50 engine pool after DP2 was broken up. Whether it was in 37 ot 50 at any point I don't know - not seen them quoted, but equally it might have been.

Several Class 50s did at one time or another have engines based on a Class 40 block (and vice-versa), and at least one 50 had a Class 56 block towards the end of its life - the engines in all three classes were fairly similar.

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    I echo Chris Newman's thoughts... patience is a virtue, Dapol have clearly kept a level head, ignored the naysayers and they've achieved a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Newman
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Joel. OK , bit of a no brainer there then but you can't blame an enthusiast for wishing--and hoping!! But i hope serious consideration given for a later batch!!

Re Motors "We are working on these right now, but cannot say when and if they will go ahead just yet" personally from what I've seen so far you are definitely on the "right track" (pun intended), and will only be a matter of time before you make an announcement!! of that I'm quite sure.

Patience is a virtue--you and your team have displayed great presence in keeping a "level head" since Brexit, and look what you're achieving!!---Keep up the good work!!

Chris

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    HI Chris, we will be posting the slide show from the open day soon, so you can see yourself what was said. The new motor in the Class 50 is an iron core motor, so will not be the same as we had in mind for the steamers. We are working on these right now, but cannot say when and if they will go ahead just yet.

Your suggestion of late NSE id a really good one, but I think two NSE variants for batch one will be too much and as the as the original built one has some pre-orders already, I think this will be in batch one with the later NSE in a subsequent batch, sorry :-(

• Chris Newman
    replied
    Hi Joel, Although not able to get to the open day the snippets of news "leaking out" is good to hear, but I would like to ask (re your post 2.1 above), Is the original list still valid, or can you sneak on an extra livery variant, revised/late Network Southeast. (pretty please).

Having read the link provided by Jeremiah I am impressed by the spec for this new "Beast"!! does the new motor mean that a couple of unmentionable, keenly awaited Steamers may benefit and see the light of day at long last!!! (i'll get my hat and coat & go)LOL)

Chris

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    Dapol have put up an update regarding the Class 50 now....
    https://www.dapol.co.uk/Class-50-Hoover

Leave a comment:

Working...
X