N Gauge Class 50 Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy Dapol
    As you know the Next18 interface can only support 4 functions when using a sound decoder. (Speaker L&R take pins used for functions 5 & 6)
    Therefore when not using a 6 function decoder like your Imperium what compromises need to be made on the lighting functionality? What are the recommend switch positions on the PCB when fitting sound?
    Many thanks
    Jeremy
    Hi Dapol

Comment

Hi Jcmjcm No compromise is required with a sound decoder, functions 5 & 6 are not used. FlF, Flr, Aux1,2,3 &4 give us all the functions needed. Switch positions are described in the manual, including when fitting your own decoder.
      Regards
      Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Is there any update on when the sound models will be released? I have Sir Edward on order with sound and can't wait to get hold of it - got a full rake of NSE Mk2's waiting

Comment

I am using a NCE Power Pro and Decoder Pro. I am trying to get the cab lights to work without success. I have checked the CV's with the leaflet. Can someone help me with this as I was hoping to purchase these models and use them out on the box. The controller switches on/off the lights but I can't get the cab lights to work.

Comment

• Andy Dapol
            Andy Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah, OK, so an Imperium. By any chance are you visiting Dapol on Saturday for the club open day? If so, please bring it. Otherwise I'll be in touch early next week.

• alan2605
            alan2605 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry Andy but can't make it on Saturday. I'm from Sussex and being disabled it is too much of a journey. Hopefully you can help next week.

• alan2605
            alan2605 commented
            Editing a comment
            Andy. have you had a chance to find out how I can get my cab lights working. I have now got the NSE with decoder fitted and I can't get the cab lights working on that either.

What a great job you've done with the 50s. Extremely pleased with mine. Thank you.

Comment

Hi alan2605, Sorry for the delay. I have fully checked the operation of the lighting and switches in both DCC and DC using Imperium decoders. The cab lights are the two outer LEDs on the PCB (photo below) and are best checked with the body off.
            I can confirm that the model operates as described in the manual. Also, when programming an imperium decoders CV's (CV settings on page 10)and setting the switches (page 6, section 6 Fitting a DCC Decoder).
            As your model is factory fitted it should have arrived with the switches set and the decoder programmed in this fashion. If, after checking with the body off the cab lights still do not function, then either the decoder or PCB maybe faulty and we'll need to exchange it. Please contact our customer services to arrange an exchange (please mark the returned loco for my attention).
            Click image for larger version

Name:	class 50 lighting.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	263.3 KB
ID:	8854
            Regards
            Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• alan2605
              alan2605 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Andy. Thanks for your reply. I took the body off and found that the cab lights work. They just don't show up very well when the body is on hence I thought they were not working.
              Thanks again.
              Alan

• Andy Dapol
              Andy Dapol commented
              Editing a comment
              Good news!
              Thanks for letting us know Alan.

Andy Dapol i’ve just received my 50049 with sound fitted, can I buy the sound decoder on it’s own? As I’ve heard a few of them now and this one (which I believe is the one in the booklet as the functions all match) is by far and away the best one out there. I have another 5 now though that need a sound decoder! Are you selling them in your shop?

Comment

Hi Simon James, Thanks for your kind comments. I wish I could help, but unfortunately the terms of our license with the decoder manufacturer prevent us from selling these as accessories.
              Regards
              Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• Simon James
                Simon James commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for getting back to me. That is such a shame, wish I had ordered the sound version of 007 now
            Working...
            X