Comment

i had best renew my membership then for my sir edward model

Comment

Neil Dapol
      Administrator
      Neil Dapol
      Andy Dapol
      Administrator
      Andy Dapol Seeing as the first off 50049 has landed with the class fifty alliance how do I renew my membership for 50007? as it expired around Christmas but I was waiting until nearer the delivery of the production run.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan
        Regular contributor
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        Send an email to either [email protected] or [email protected] give them your information like your name and club membership number and they will renew it. You'll most likely hear from Neil or Andrea.

• Andy Dapol
        Andy Dapol
        Administrator
        Andy Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        The Fifty Fund have received production samples (i.e. the 1st couple off the production line)., as have we. We will be releasing the models for shipment to the UK during the next week or so. Jeremiah is correct regarding renewal, I would suggest [email protected] as the best email to use.

Have you any news when the club edition and the Class 50 for general release are going to be ready?

Comment

Pleased to announce that all class 50's have arrived in Chirk and are being prepared for shipping to dealers. This includes the Special editions for DCC Supplies and The 50 Fund.
      As they are fitted in the UK, DCC fitted and Sound fitted versions will follow afterwards.
      Regards
      Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Andy Dapol
        Administrator
        Andy Dapol I’m very excited for these. Are you selling the sound chips as well

Comment

Hi
          Andy Dapol
          Administrator
          Andy Dapol

The grey roof on my 50007 is uneven it comes down further on one side compared to the other, both sides are below what it should be, are all bodies the same? if not is it possible to get a replacement?

thanks

Dazzer
          dazzer
          Just starting out here
          Last edited by dazzer; 6 September 2019, 14:21.

Comment

• Andy Dapol
            Andy Dapol
            Administrator
            Andy Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            This shouldn't be. I will check and in the meantime I suggest you contact the reseller to arrange an exchange.

Hope this picture helps, the grey comes below the rib.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Arthur Hodgett
            Arthur Hodgett
            Arthur Hodgett commented
            Editing a comment
            Sadly.mine is the same, grey too far down sides, just received it his morning

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan
            Regular contributor
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            Arthur Hodgett
            Arthur Hodgett is it equal on both sides or is one side lower than the other? I was actually thinking of renewing my Dapol Collector's Club membership only to buy this loco, but if the livery is incorrectly applied, then I'm afraid I'll have second thoughts about that.

If the grey roof error is symmetrical, then it's acceptable to me, however if its lower on one side then that's going to be something fairly easy to spot.

I'd rather wait for the next batch of Class 50s and hope that they get the livery correct.

• Andy Dapol
            Andy Dapol
            Administrator
            Andy Dapol commented
            Editing a comment
            Per my post above. If the grey is uneven lengths, please contact our sales dept. to arrange an exchange.

Can anyone comment about the accuracy of 50007's livery? I know for one that the grey extends lower than it should, apparently only on one side? Also pictures online seem to suggest that the roof was black and not grey?
          Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

There were a number of different panel roof schemes for this loco; full length, shortened etc. Our model depicts the shorter painted panel, the sides of which are level (on both sides!) with the top of the gutter for the uppermost small louvre. We believe the grey is correct, however black was also used with this scheme as well as others.
          Regards
          Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Mine is even both sides, exactly like the photo shown by dazzer.

Comment

I would like to check the gears are oiled, how do I remove the bogie frame to see?

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
              JeremiahBunyan
              Regular contributor
              JeremiahBunyan commented
              Editing a comment
              Just like with Dapol's Class 68, they are self lubricating gears. You don't need to oil them.

HI
            Arthur Hodgett
            Arthur Hodgett,
            JeremiahBunyan
            Regular contributor
            JeremiahBunyan is correct, no initial lubrication is needed. For future reference the bogie base is clipped into position but by it's sides (rather than front/rear as older models). No need to remove the bogie, just pull the bogie side-frame outward from its top side and the entire frame will unclip, base and all. (arrowed in the drawing below). Replacement is simply a matter of positioning and re-clipping.
            Dapol Class 50 bogie frame removal.
            Attached Files
            Regards
            Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Thanks, I'm glad I asked, very easy to get the bogie frame off and on, and replacing it the correct way round clearly obvious, also it was lubricated ok.

Comment

Andy Dapol
                Administrator
                Andy Dapol These are so good, I can’t quite believe the pulling power they have. Running 40 and 37 together today only at one point 37 lost power still not sure why that happened think it was decoder related but 40 carries on with a load of 13 coaches as well. So glad that they got held up now to get the new electronics in them. Looking forward to the sound ones coming now.

Comment

Working...
                X