Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news. I’ll start saving up!

Comment

Neil Dapol how would I know when my Dapol Collector's Club membership is going to expire? At the moment cannot find my welcome package as it is still packed up somewhere.

Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Neil Dapol
        Neil Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        it is on the front of your card, Andrea normally sends renewal reminders to club members, but I can also double check the data base when I am next in the office

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Neil,

Thanks for the update. I need to search for my welcome pack. In some box post my house shifting.

If Andrea is sending an email about it then that's good.

Cheers

Dapol 33s seriously outclassed ageing Farish models.
      Looks like it might be deja vu for the Hoovers.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        I can't wait to see what Dapol have in store for us....

Great news that the Class 50 is now going ahead.

Bit surprised by the picture you have used in your press release of a real Class 50 as the livery that locomotive has (revised NSE) is not one your are currently proposing to produce in your first production run.

Will this livery be produced in a subsequent run?

Comment

• Neil Dapol
        Neil Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        The photograph was one we had in our previous catalogue and was re-used. I would not dismiss any liveries in future runs, but no decision has been made on this point yet

I notice on the Dapols November arrivals thread on RMWeb that the class 50 is included, is it true that we are going to see these in the flesh this year, I thought they were expected around March next year?

Comment

Andy Dapol Neil Dapol could you confirm which speaker would be required for the 50 I now have 5 50’s on order and would like to start buying speakers for them before the locos arrive and drain the bank!

Comment

When do you expect the Class 50 to be released to the public as I ordered Sir Edwin Elgar over a year ago.
          Thanks

Comment

The last I heard was March, but given that China shuts down for most of February for their new year I suspect that would be quite optimistic.

it would be nice to have an official update though, anyone from Dapol like to comment?

Comment

DCC supplies are saying Q3 on their website for the delivery of Vallient. That sounds about right I would guess

Comment

Originally posted by Simon James View Post
                DCC supplies are saying Q3 on their website for the delivery of Vallient. That sounds about right I would guess
                That was Q3 2018 so should be due soon ish, Dapol care to remark. I am currently looking through my finances as I have 3 on order although 1 paid for as work is slowing down and a lot of overtime has been stopped. I really would like to know when these are going to arrive.

Comment

• Andy Hebden
                  Andy Hebden commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep. Me too. I know it’s dependant on lots of variables but an up to date projection would help for those budgeting for pre-orders.

• Andy Dapol
                  Andy Dapol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Due to a number of unexpected issues, including typhoons as well as the usual tweaks, this model it is running late. We have a projected date, which is unacceptably long and which we are working on improving. Once we have a firm date we shall publish it, but are aiming for 2nd quarter this year.

Cheers for the update, Andy. Much appreciated.

Comment

Andy Dapol Is there any update on the release of these yet? I’m just wondering if I need to start allocating the funds for the few I have in order

Comment

Andy Dapol Well the second quarter is come and gone and we still have no idea when we are going to get this model. Hatton's are saying June/July 2019. Can someone from Dapol please give us some news.

Comment

This was posted on Facebook the other day by the 50 Fund

Comment

An Update: We've just returned from a factory visit and I can confirm that the 50 is currently in production. Disappointingly, we just missed the 2nd quarter, however, dates are improved over those proposed back in February.
                      We aim to ship them by 3rd/4th week of this month. This is of course pending approval of production samples, which are due here shortly.
                      Regards
                      Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                        JeremiahBunyan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Do share images of the production samples when they reach....

Cheers

• Crepello
                        Crepello commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for the info Andy.
                    Working...
                    X