No announcement yet.

Dapol announces a second run of their N gauge Class 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy Dapol is there any further update on these yet? I’m guessing there are stuck in port somewhere by now?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect timing, they have just arrived in our warehouse so should be shipped to stockists very soon

Excellent news. Thank you.

Comment

Andy Dapol Is it correct that what I have been hearing that they didn’t arrive as expected?

Comment

Joel/ Andy

Please can somebody from update us on what is actually happening with the GBRF class 50s

Thanks
        Ian

Comment

Simon James
          Ian3721
          Hi, The class 50s arrived as planned last week, however during our UK QC checks we discovered a PCB problem which meant we have been unable to ship the product and have rejected the entire production batch. Since then, we have been in discussion with the factory in order to find a resolution. As we have now agreed a solution and timescale, we are able to share this with our customers.

The entire shipment is being returned to the factory for the fitting of a replacement PCB, which will create a delay of approximately 20 weeks taking release into Q1 of 2022. We do very much regret the delay to modellers, our customers and commissioners.
          Regards
          Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Andy Dapol thanks for the update, frustrating for you guys especially with everything else you are having to contend with regards uk logistics, global shipping and reduced working in the factories. Gives me more time to save for a few more now.

Comment

👍🏼 I’d rather wait for a fully working loco rather than receive a faulty one. These things happen. I’m interested if you have QC before they leave the factory?

Comment

Hi Dapol

Please can we get an update and eta for the GBRF class 50s
              Thanks
              Ian

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                JeremiahBunyan commented
                Editing a comment
                Due sometime this quarter as per what KMRC told me last week. Could change though.

Andy Dapol Hi Andy, is there any news on these returning yet? Im guessing they might be held up with China’s covid issues?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                Joel Dapol commented
                Editing a comment
                They should be in our warehouse within the next couple of weeks and after checking we will get them shipped to customers.

That’s excellent news. Thank you.

Comment

Being a BR Blue guy looking forward to 50046 Ajax (belated xmas present) and 50008 Thunderer (DCC exclusive) myself and hopefully the fifty fund is still going ahead with their 2nd Exclusive 50033 Glorious in Large Logo (belated wedding prezzie and currently not advertised ?) too to match their beautiful 50049 Defiance Maybe Mr dapol could clarify that one up for us thanks in advance if possible ;-) . and yes I have a very understanding wife

Comment

• Simon James
                  Simon James commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Boyo1234 if you go to the fifty fund sales website it’s on there for pre order.

• Joel Dapol
                  Joel Dapol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes as Simon says it is available, and as an update the shipment has been delayed a little at Rotterdam but should be in Southampton on Wednesday and hopefully out for delivery to stockists next week.

Me misses has been informed and guess who's a lucky boy then :-) many thanks Mr J Dapol and Mr S James . opted for diy chipping as i slowly (real slowly about 3 years) got use to the zimo dcc setup

Comment

Joel

The Class 50s you talk about about being caught up in Rortterdam, does this include the GBRF 50s that were sent back due to PCB issues..

Kernow model centre have no idea when they will be in stock.

Thanks
                  Ian

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                    Joel Dapol commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes it does. I have not informed KMRC yet.

Joel

Thanks for the info, did they make it in to the country?

Comment

• Andy Dapol
                    Andy Dapol commented
                    Editing a comment
                    HI Ian3721, The latest information we received was a 'UK dock date' which is 26th April it can take 1-2 weeks to get to us after this. However, I will add that in the current climate this could be subject to changes outside our control. We will update via media channels once we receive firm information of a delivery date in Chirk.

Hi Andy

I don't like to moan as a lot of things are beyond your control. However, these class 50s in GBRF are beginning to drive me mad..

I checked Kernows site this morning and they say they are in stock. So, i contacted the shop and they have no knowledge of the 50s. Why im not sure why you would advertise something as in stock when you dont have it. I realise you wont know, but its making the arrival of these even more annoying.

Please can you tell us whats going, Kernow said they should have been there Friday, yet are advertising them without the stock.

Comment

Working...
                  X