Dapol announces a second run of their N gauge Class 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dapol announces a second run of their N gauge Class 50

A new batch of N gauge Class 50s has been announced, check out the details here...

http://www.dapol.co.uk/Catalogue/14index.html
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Very excited by the ltd editions too valiant/Thunderer will be a good pairing. And 149 is my favourite...033 will help the c50a and then there is 18. NSE and snowploughs..so all in all it’s going to be an expensive time...best get saving.

Comment

And now the Kernow GBRf duo.

Comment

Really pleased to see 50149 in Railfreight triple grey. Any chance you could review the colours used, as the shades used on past triple grey locos don’t quite seem right?

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          It looked fine on the N gauge Class 58s, but since then all other N gauge locos carrying a triple grey livery seem to have the shade of light grey wrong. It's a very weird greenish grey.

I do hope it's sorted out as I have the RfD Class 50 on pre-order.

Morning all..

I see the GBRF 50s have been seen in painted samples, when are we likely to see them on the Kernow shelves..

Ta

Comment

• Joel Dapol
          Joel Dapol commented
          Editing a comment
          We are scheduled for a summer delivery around August I would estimate.

That’s good to have a rough idea. Things are expensive and pre-orders are tricky when you hear nothing and then everything turns up at once.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to 50149 Defiance. I'm sure you are aware, but the nameplates should be yellowm and the bodyside grills should be executive dark grey.

Also, the sector logo on Defiance looks a bit too large The last row of blocks should be just above the start of the tumblehome.
          The BR blue on 50008 and 50046 look a little dark? Could just be the lighting though?

Hopefully these can be corrected prior to production? I'm planning on getting Defiance, Ajax and DCC Supplies Ltd Edition Thunderer.
          Last edited by Stuart Allen; 11 May 2021, 13:18. Reason: Spelling and extra info

Comment

Is there an update when these will be available?

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
              JeremiahBunyan commented
              Editing a comment
              The ETA has been Q3 2021 which means July - September. So hopefully this month?

Joel said above it would be August but he didn’t say which year! Seriously I hope things are progressing but somehow it doesn’t sound as though they are imminent. I’m looking forward to them arriving so I hope it won’t be too long.

Comment

HI, Due in port very soon (2 weeks), so as imminent as many things in the current climate.
              Regards
              Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Andy Dapol Good to talk to you yesterday my wallet is awaiting that container docking! Just thought I’d attach a couple of pictures to show 50046 that Ian did for me before this batch was announced

Comment

• Andy Dapol
                  Andy Dapol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice to chat to you as well Simon.Thanks for sharing the photos and they do look good!

That’s great news! Now I’m just worried that everything will arrive together. Class 50s (the twins from Kernow), choc & cream 142, castle class HST , Captain Tom and 153 in GWR green. That would be heavy on the wallet. I’m hoping the new batch of Voyagers won’t be until next year.

Comment

• Andy Dapol
                  Andy Dapol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi,
                  No worries. I wish we could phase product more precisely as well, but sadly global shipping is most defiantly in a '2&8' at the moment. However, the 66's won't be here until January next year, so there will be a gap. Best to keep checking our main website as we publish known information there as soon as we can.

I agree about a potential ‘perfect storm’ for preorders. I’ve already cancelled one to limit the impact if they all come at once.

Comment

On the other hand this hiatus does provide the opportunity to save money each month in readiness for the new items when they arrive.

Comment

Joel

Please could you give us an update on the GBRF Class 50s... I know we where hoping for August ishh.
                    Thanks
                    Ian

Comment

Working...
                    X