Class 50 Factory Painted EPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class 50 Factory Painted EPs

These images are all taken by Steve Spotter, so thank you Steve for taking the trouble to photograph and share these images online. It's with Steve's permission that I am sharing these here. So all credits to Steve.

Click image for larger version

Name:	43024058_2681612305398237_7236445338804944896_n.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	7993
    Attached Files
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Name:	43074592_2681612482064886_7354770949075369984_n.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	8001
    Attached Files
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Name:	43171509_2681612455398222_7730992410414546944_n.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	8006
      Attached Files
      Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Name:	43253532_2681612222064912_8504979322841333760_n.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	8010
        Attached Files
        Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Surely Dapol will get model of the year for these!

The only issue I can see is the receiver socket for the multiple working jumper cable.

Excellent work Dapol!

Cheers
          Mark

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll be torn between the Dapol Class 50 and RevolutioN Class 92. I really won't be able to choose between these. But I agree, definitely "Model of the Year" material.

Silly question time, I know I should know this,but what does EP stand for,

thanks

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            Engineering Prototype.

Wonderful images JeremiahBunyan also thanks to Steve-Spotter

Very much looking forward to these hitting the shops.

Cheers
          Anthony

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanette-H View Post
            Silly question time, I know I should know this,but what does EP stand for,

thanks
            Engineering Prototype.

If my thinking is correct, its basically the first model to come off the pre production line that has been produced from the first CAD drawing. Once the first EP is checked over, any errors can be corrected by going back to the computer and altering the CAD drawing. Then it's sent back to the factory for a possible second EP before going into proper production. Anyone care to reiterate?

Cheers
            Anthony

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
              JeremiahBunyan commented
              Editing a comment
              Didn't see your post and just commented on Jeanette's above! But yes that's basically what it is.

• Andy Dapol
              Andy Dapol commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi, engineering prototype is correct. With our company this is actually a model made from finished tooling. Therefore at that stage the model has heavy investment and is well underway to production. Whilst it is possible to modify mould tooling it's something we try to avoid by making 3d prints and CAD renders. Some manufacturers use terms like 1st E.P. to describe 3d prints.
              These samples are produced to proof the graphics and paint mixes. The next step are production samples, which are literally the 1st models from the production line.

I joined the collectors club today after seeing the wonderful images of 50007. Since being announced last year, I was waiting to see a sample before deciding to order one. Seeing the photos today have made my mind up. I shall also be buying another refurbished example to respray as D400 in BR blue, as running on the network in 1992 together on railtour duties.

Models get released. I'm half way through spraying D400 up, and someone commissions a Ltd run...Oh yeah, that will be my luck hehe

Cheers
            Anthony

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
              JeremiahBunyan commented
              Editing a comment
              Same here. I've been a fairly loyal member to the Dapol Collector's Club and absolutely enjoy the benefits of it. I always knew I wanted atleast one of their Class 50's, so I held on until I saw painted samples too!

Regarding D400, is it worth contacting the folks at the "Class Fifty Fund"? I might have suggested this on facebook as well. It's quite possible that they'll do it in future.

• Ed-Farms
              Ed-Farms commented
              Editing a comment
              I doubt the 50 Fund will do D400 as they don't own her, they have 007 Hercules, 031 Hood, 035 Ark Royal, 044 Exeter and 049 Defiance, 50050/D400 is Neil Boden. Chances are a shop will take up D400 just a case of 1967 style, 1992 style or 2018 style

Hallo Dapol Team,
            I too have been looking forward to these models. Hope it is not too late to mention the following regarding the EPs. The jumper cable socket to the right of middle is the wrong type, far too prominent, so maybe you can replace with a more correct version. The other error refers to the refurbished version. The jumper cable socket in the left is placed too high up, which is a shame as this detail is far more accurately positioned on the unrefurbushed version.
            As these details are on probably the most viewed part if the model, they stand out more than other inaccuracies.
            Any chance of correction before full production starts?
            Regards
            pc

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
              JeremiahBunyan commented
              Editing a comment
              Andy Dapol

• Scruff
              Scruff commented
              Editing a comment
              This was what I've pointed out about the receiver socket since the early cad drawings.. I just hope its not too late to fix.

Cheers
              Mark

Just a quick 'place-holding' post to say that I am currently reviewing the samples and that all comments have been received and will be taken into account. Thanks to all who contributed.
            Regards
            Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

I've only just seen Steve's fantastic photos; all I can say is WOW! (Plus I can't wait for my 50s to arrive!)

Comment

Any update on the expected delivery on these, I was told at TINGS February/March next year, but a list published in RMWeb supposedly supplied by Dapol says November/December this year

Judging by the comments above I assume next years date is the more accurate, can anyone confirm which is correct

Thanks

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                  JeremiahBunyan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Gaugemaster's monthly release lists aren't always accurate and should be taken with a pinch of salt. Andy is still reviewing the painted samples still. There's no way they can go into production and still come out next month even if air-freighted in.

90% of the time I find Gaugemaster's lists to be inaccurate. So take it with a pinch of salt.

• Crooked Spire
                  Crooked Spire commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Gaugemasters information is supplied by Dapol.

• JeremiahBunyan
                  JeremiahBunyan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And yet other retailers get their information more accurately than Gaugemaster (whom I have no bone to pick with). But I have noticed on many occasions that Gaugemaster publishes some incorrect news when other retailers get it accurate.

Thanks

I didn't realise Linda's lists came from Gaugemaster, I thought they were supplied to her by Dapol and Bachmann direct.

Comment

Does anybody know if these will be supplied with snowploughs? I’ve seen some preserved locos with them.

Comment

• Andy Dapol
                    Andy Dapol commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Snowploughs will be provided in the accessory bag.
                Working...
                X