50049 "Defiance" announced as a limited edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50049 "Defiance" announced as a limited edition

The guys at ClassFiftyFund have announced a limited edition of Class 50 049 "Defiance" in the BR large logo blue livery. It's limited to only 300 pieces and available in DC, DCC and DCC Sound.

‚Äč

Check out their website for more details...
    https://www.fiftyfundstore.co.uk/pro...odel-pre-order

A certain amount of the proceeds are going towards the upkeep of their locos.

Cheers!
    Last edited by JeremiahBunyan; 7 August 2018, 03:22.
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

I take it the run is 300 and of that, 100 DC, 100 DCC and 100 DCC Sound.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      Seems like it! Though I think having the locos made to order (in terms of DCC fitted and DCC sound) would've been a safer bet.

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, we will be fitting them here, so the DCC and sound will be made to order so there is some wriggle room.

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      I suppose Dave and the others at the CFF need to be reminded as currently the order system allows 100 orders for each DC, DCC Fitted and DCC Sound. Obviously the DC one will be most popular followed by the DCC Fitted and last of all DC Sound

Vonzack Yes, correct, at least according to the 50 Fund shop.

Comment

Thanks to the Fifty-Fund for the considerable time spent with us during measuring-up, checking of CADs, artwork samples and for allowing us to record 'Ark Royal'!
      Here is the Artwork for Defiance for reference. Pre orders can be made online here: https://www.fiftyfundstore.co.uk/pro...odel-pre-order
      I Hope to have decorated samples in time for the Class 50 Golden Jubilee at the Seven Valley Railway on the 4th, 5th and 6th of October. Tickets are available from here: http://www.svr.co.uk/SEItem.aspx?a=124

I shall post more information on this event nearer the date, in the meantime I hope to see you there!
      Regards
      Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking good!

I suppose if there's no factory painted samples ready by then you could always hand paint one of your EP samples.

• Andy Dapol
        Andy Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Jeremiah,
        If they are not ready, I shall just say so. Decorated samples are basically for proofing purposes, a hand made dry run of the production run. The artwork shows the intention of the product, so nothing to be gained by hand painting in terms of fidelity of the product. But I must admit it is fun to paint them
        That said, I'm fairly confident of the schedule.
        Last edited by Andy Dapol; 11 August 2018, 14:11.

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to hear! Can't wait to see painted samples. Please use the shade of blue used on the Westerns. Dapol seem to have major issues with BR Blue. The best replication of it comes on the OO gauge and N gauge Westerns.

Will the sound decoders be available separately? I currently have 4 on order and am thinking of a 5th but none with sound was hoping to sound fit them at a later date, will this be possible?

Comment

Working...
      X