No announcement yet.

Class 50 2018 release - Livery confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes would be a good Idea if it comes with nameplates for centurion too, or at least sell some that fit exactly over the printed ones on the body side

Tim

Comment

• Scruff
      Scruff commented
      Editing a comment
      The class 33 came with etched nameplates already attached.

Cheers
      Mark

How are the class 50's coming along, I am looking at finance planning so I can pre-order Sir Edward Elgar amongst others, but need to join the club first. Does the membership run from when you join or for the calendar year?

Comment

• Andy Dapol
      Andy Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Richard,
      Membership runs for 12 months after joining. Regarding the models delivery, It's a little early in the cycle to say for sure as there is always the opportunity to improve delivery times, or for delays to occur, I will have more accurate dates during the summer.
      Currently, EP's (engineering prototypes) are due in July and I have scheduled the decorated samples to arrive in time for the 50 fund gala in Kidderminster (http://www.fiftyfund.org.uk/index.php/events) on the 4th/5th/6th October where they will be on display. Assuming any changes are either trivial or not required then production would start during December for shipment January, arrival in the shops February/March.

• Richard Dallimore
      Richard Dallimore commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Andy

Thank you for your reply, I'll leave joining for a couple of months then to allow for delays, I reserved your Limited Edition on the weekend, are the Fifty Fund planning a loco? May try and get along to that weekend, sounds interesting.

• Ed-Farms
      Ed-Farms commented
      Editing a comment
      Will the painted samples "hopefully" be here for the members open day? Hoping to come up for this and would love to see them

According to Kernow Model Centre who I suggested via Facebook might want to model Defiance in Railfreight grey they responded with "we did ask - they (Dapol) said its on their to do list" not sure if this is via Dapol or another 3rd party but watch out for Defiance to add to your collections too

Comment

• Simon James
      Simon James commented
      Editing a comment
      How happy am I reading this! Hopefully it's a few months after the first batch. I'll be broke😂

• Ed-Farms
      Ed-Farms commented
      Editing a comment
      Jeremiah, it carried it from 87-89 in service then went back to NSE from 89 till 91 when it was withdrawn. It ran in preservation in this livery at the start but has not carried it since approx. 1999. Would be good to have it back on her

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ed...

Just a quick note to say I have finally acquired one of these, seen here somewhat far away from its usual stomping grounds:

Very nice locomotive, runs nice and smoothly, looks (to my eyes) like a Class 50.

I do appreciate the revised, more compact case providing internal storage for the instructions booklet *and* a pocket which holds the bag'o'bits in place, so when taking the loco out there's no need to worry about bags'o'bits or accompanying literature going missing.

Comment

• Andy Dapol
      Andy Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the feedback. Glad you are enjoying the model.
Working...
X