X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DavidInYork
    commented on 's reply
    "I'm assuming it's only the Power Cars that need to be done, as everything else should be tooled. "
    No - the coaches are different and will also need to be tooled.

• Vonzack
    commented on 's reply
    I'm assuming it's only the Power Cars that need to be done, as everything else should be tooled.

• PaulShanahanUK
    replied
    Andy Dapol Joel Dapol Out of curiosity, now that the target has been met, what are the next steps? Is there a timeframe in mind? Part of me is forward planning finances and part of me is curious about how much work there actually is to do.

Many thanks

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Matt Pinto
    replied
    Another shorty formation on the WCML this time in 1974. Does that help at all?

Leave a comment:

• Matt Pinto
    replied
    Here is a shot of a nice shorty set passing Didcot in 1975. Could you sell off 2 of the extra coaches to someone who wants to make up this sort of formation and doesn't have room for a longer rake? Would that still leave you the right coaches for a 2+7 or 2+8 rake?

Leave a comment:

• Western Cyclist
    replied
    I have registered my interest in this model. However, can someone please explain the reasoning behind the coach pack choices. In all the pictures I’ve seen of this train, it was running as either a 2+7 or 2+8 set. So, in order to model that, you need to buy all the coach packs and end up with two or three surplus coaches. Either that or buy two of the coach packs and run it one short. It is my intention to buy a complete set of two power cars and ten coaches so that I can run a prototypical rake, but I would be happier if I didn’t have to buy coaches that neither I (nor anyone else?) is going to use. Of course, there is the option of selling on the surplus coaches but I’d rather not have that hassle. Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    Andy Dapol and Joel Dapol will the Class 41 HST-P have the "New Generation" chassis like the Class 68, Class 50 etc? Or will it be the same as the current Class 43 HSTs?

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    I have placed my pre-order for the HSDT power cars (2D-027-001) and two coach sets only (2P-027-001 and 2P-027-003) as I don't have space for the second pack of 4 coaches.

Leave a comment:

• robert shrives
    replied
    Wow great news and how silly of me I seem to have ordered one of each !
    Thanks to the gang and I really hope this works as it is in the long felt want dept
    Robert

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Hello Arthur, Yes a good idea and something we have discussed. I will look to do weekly updates.

• Arthur Hodgett
    replied
    Would it be possible to show a counter of pre-orders so we can see the pre-orders building up? And if possible the break even point, so we can see how close we are to achieving the model?

Leave a comment:

• DavidInYork
    replied
    Any chance you could correct the name when advertising it? 'Prototype HST', or HSDT if you want to go by its original name.

HST-P is incorrect - only Dapol has ever used that term.

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    If it's release is sometime around March/April 2019 or after I am up for a set. I'll be interested in a pack of power cars, the 2-pack of buffet cars and the 4-pack of other coaches (forgive me as rolling stock codes aren't my stronghold).

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    You should have some time (no rushing from Dapol I can assure you) as we have to get close to the break even number of pre-orders and then we have to produce the moulds and decorations etc.

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Hello Arthur, It will be appearing on our Facebook,Twitter feeds etc and it will also feature in our magazine advertising regularly, but please tell anyone you think would be interested as numbers are key.
Working...
X