X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DavidInYork
    replied
    Originally posted by Arthur Hodgett View Post
    Hi, I'm member of the 125 group who have just issued their 40 year anniversary edition magazine (Issue 116 Autumn 2016). The Miller project is their big drive currently and I was expecting to see a big write up about this model, but looked through it twice, and could not see a mention at all. I wonder how widely the intimation of the project has been circulated.
    It was featured in a previous magazine when the model was announced - so probably nothing else to report yet.

Leave a comment:

• carderrail
    commented on 's reply
    I am not sure if there was supposed to be feedback from the expression of interest forms - I emailed mine but received no confirmation... Tony

• Arthur Hodgett
    replied
    Hi, I'm member of the 125 group who have just issued their 40 year anniversary edition magazine (Issue 116 Autumn 2016). The Miller project is their big drive currently and I was expecting to see a big write up about this model, but looked through it twice, and could not see a mention at all. I wonder how widely the intimation of the project has been circulated.

Leave a comment:

• DavidInYork
    commented on 's reply
    I don't see why the APT-P would be less popular than the APT-E - there were, after all, more APT-Ps and they ran in passenger service. Rapido hasn't really proved anything - OO gauge is much more popular than N so just because something is financially viable in OO doesn't mean that it would be in N. Plus obviously smaller production run = higher cost per unit.

• robert shrives
    commented on 's reply
    Shame that response not better but hopefully sales will justify and will knock my respray efforts into a cocked hat ! Looking forward to them even if wallet not !

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Bob, The expressions of interest did not go that well and we were a bit underwhelmed by the response, however, we are keen to do the project and will probably go ahead in the next month or so. So watch this space for more news in the next few weeks.

• Bob G
    replied
    Hi Joel/Dapol

How are you doing with expressions of interest?
    is this likely to be a goer?
    is there anything we can do e.g. on the other forums to drum up interest?

Bob

Leave a comment:

• philiprporter
    replied
    Brilliant news about the specification change - this is going to be great

Leave a comment:

• mike
    commented on 's reply
    Jeremiah - you might be right about the APT-P, but as Rapido have proved with the APT-E that is a very different kettle of fish and would cost nothing like £500 per set!

• robert shrives
    commented on 's reply
    Hi FWIW on Shapeways over the last few years a gent is slowly working on an APT - P with motor car and some vehicles printed for his own use and bogie on the way with the nose being a bit of s*d to make and get right, plus some external hassles has affected works but if patient I think one will make a showing. With Fox and others doing stripes it might prove possible to make a working model - it uses a class 90 or 91 if I recall correctly.
    I think Lottery win the only likely fund source as it will never wash its face as a commercial project despite all our best wishes!
    Robert

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    I'd agree with Dapol, I don't think an APT-E or APT-P would generate enough sales to break even. Unless you'd find a 1,000 people willing to pay £500+ a pop...

There are better and more viable ways to get an APT-P or APT-E in N gauge though.

• Steve Boon
    replied
    I tried to follow the link from an old newsletter email to register my interest but the link didn't work so seriously want one but had to work out if I could afford it

Leave a comment:

• Steve Boon
    replied
    I did suggest the apt some time ago on the Facebook page but was told there wouldn't b Enid interest 😒

Leave a comment:

• ohlavache
    replied
    Will you post some pictures of the decorated samples when they are available ?

Leave a comment:

• robert shrives
    replied
    A rose by any name !
    Robert

Leave a comment:

Working...
X