Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance you could correct the name when advertising it? 'Prototype HST', or HSDT if you want to go by its original name.

HST-P is incorrect - only Dapol has ever used that term.

Comment

Would it be possible to show a counter of pre-orders so we can see the pre-orders building up? And if possible the break even point, so we can see how close we are to achieving the model?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello Arthur, Yes a good idea and something we have discussed. I will look to do weekly updates.

Wow great news and how silly of me I seem to have ordered one of each !
      Thanks to the gang and I really hope this works as it is in the long felt want dept
      Robert

Comment

I have placed my pre-order for the HSDT power cars (2D-027-001) and two coach sets only (2P-027-001 and 2P-027-003) as I don't have space for the second pack of 4 coaches.
        Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Andy Dapol and Joel Dapol will the Class 41 HST-P have the "New Generation" chassis like the Class 68, Class 50 etc? Or will it be the same as the current Class 43 HSTs?
          Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

I have registered my interest in this model. However, can someone please explain the reasoning behind the coach pack choices. In all the pictures I’ve seen of this train, it was running as either a 2+7 or 2+8 set. So, in order to model that, you need to buy all the coach packs and end up with two or three surplus coaches. Either that or buy two of the coach packs and run it one short. It is my intention to buy a complete set of two power cars and ten coaches so that I can run a prototypical rake, but I would be happier if I didn’t have to buy coaches that neither I (nor anyone else?) is going to use. Of course, there is the option of selling on the surplus coaches but I’d rather not have that hassle. Any thoughts?

Comment

Here is a shot of a nice shorty set passing Didcot in 1975. Could you sell off 2 of the extra coaches to someone who wants to make up this sort of formation and doesn't have room for a longer rake? Would that still leave you the right coaches for a 2+7 or 2+8 rake?

Comment

Another shorty formation on the WCML this time in 1974. Does that help at all?

Comment

Andy Dapol Joel Dapol Out of curiosity, now that the target has been met, what are the next steps? Is there a timeframe in mind? Part of me is forward planning finances and part of me is curious about how much work there actually is to do.

Many thanks

Paul

Comment

• Vonzack
                    Vonzack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm assuming it's only the Power Cars that need to be done, as everything else should be tooled.

• DavidInYork
                    DavidInYork commented
                    Editing a comment
                    "I'm assuming it's only the Power Cars that need to be done, as everything else should be tooled. "
                    No - the coaches are different and will also need to be tooled.
                Working...
                X