X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Dapol
    replied
    By way of an update:
    We are working through the production stages of the model. The power cars and the coaches are currently in tooling. Decoration artwork is underway and will be published when complete.

Regarding payment, orders etc.
    The order book will be open right up-to the point production commences, after that it will be closed.
    Customers still wishing to reserve a model can do so by contacting our sales dept ([email protected]) or by calling us and speaking with our sales dept. (+44 (0)1691 774455) NO MONEY IS REQUESTED at this stage, you are not committing to the model, merely reserving the opportunity to purchase one. We will take not of your contact details and request payment once we are ready to ship.
    If you do not express an interest before the order book is closed then we cannot guarantee you will receive a model as we are tailoring production to pre-orders.

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    What seems to be the confusion here? The model is NOT crowdfunded. Dapol only asked for pre-orders to gauge interest. The pre-orders are like an expression of interest. You'll pay for it just like any other model, when it's in stock with Dapol. No one is going to pay to fund the model.

• Arthur Hodgett
    commented on 's reply
    When will we be asked to pay anything? Not heard anything since putting my name down for a set. When did you pay and how much? Hope I haven't missed the boat !!! (From China !)

• JackD09
    replied
    Any news on the prototype HST? When will we be asked for the final payment?

Leave a comment:

• DavidInYork
    replied
    Originally posted by chriswrightmk View Post
    Some of the coaches were modified and incorporated into production HSTs -depending on what the modifications were this may offer scope for more liveries. No buffers presumably. Buffet cars were scrapped.. Two coaches went to royal train.
    They are heavily modified now - only remaining signs of their origins are the window frames and roof ventilators (the latter being the same as on LHCS and ex-LHCS Mk3s). Tooling for models of them as built wouldn't suitable for how they are now.

Only one of the two buffet cars was scrapped - the other one is in the NMT.

Leave a comment:

• chriswrightmk
    replied
    Some of the coaches were modified and incorporated into production HSTs -depending on what the modifications were this may offer scope for more liveries. No buffers presumably. Buffet cars were scrapped.. Two coaches went to royal train.

Leave a comment:

• Arthur Hodgett
    replied
    I may have missed the announcement, but is this project going ahead, or is it still just under consideration. I did sign up for the project but haven't heard if it is a definite project yet. Sorry if I've missed the announcement.

Leave a comment:

• chriswrightmk
    replied
    It may be worth exploring further what original HSt coaches are in service and if/when modified. This would increase the potential sales.

Leave a comment:

• Vonzack
    commented on 's reply
    CaleyDave thanks for the info, I think I've got it now.

• CaleyDave
    commented on 's reply
    Vonzack we are talking about the 3 smaller vents.
    The prototype HST has 3 smaller vents on all MK3 coaches and the Power Cars.
    Out of the 3 Coaches currently painted to match the preserved prototype hst only 1 has the as built 3 vents.
    The Production HST MK3 coaches all have 1 large vent.
    The Production Power Cars have 3 small vents.
    The MK3A locomotive hauled FO and SO coaches (along with conversions such as the CO) all had 3 vents when built.
    All other locomotive hauled MK3A coaches such as Catering cars and Sleepers had the big square vent.
    The MK3B locomotive hauled coaches had square vent. The only Open coaches built for BR were the FO's (Most of which for pullman trains) and the 3 BFO's.

• Vonzack
    commented on 's reply
    Apologies, another question, there appear to be two different versions of roofs for the TFO and TSO loco hauled stock, one with two small vents and one with a larger single square shaped vent which stands off the roof line. Which one are we talking about here, I'm guessing the later as that seems to be what's on the remaining prototype HST coaches?

• Vonzack
    commented on 's reply
    @Andy, with the replacement roofs, what about just doing them undecorated for a base price. You (Dapol) could then maybe offer specific decorated quantities for customers at a slightly higher price or maybe partner with somebody prepared to do them as commissions for people who can't / don't want to paint them themselves.

As for pack sizes, I'd prefer if they were just sold as singles, packs of 5 and 10 will leave me with extra roofs I don't need. I wouldn't be bothered about packaging, a zip-lock / plastic bag would suffice as we should consider these items spares.

• Neil Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    If there is sufficient evidence that a large enough customer base exists then this is something we could potentially consider.......

• Andy Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Overall its a labelling issue, but logistics do play a part, so there will be some pricing differential. We'll review all the comments made here and discuss internally. There's also the sensitive issue of roof colour to be considered - Hard hat on

• Arthur Hodgett
    commented on 's reply
    Very happy indeed with the idea. Do two package sizes make a significant difference to your costs and therefore price to us? I would be very happy with 10 packs as spares are always useful. I'd need to count up my loco hauled stock, but will need several packs for the TF & TS. Maybe only a 5 pack if you are doing a separate roof for buffet type coaches too.
    Are you hoping to sell unpainted coaches in 5's or 10's too? Someone has suggested you produce the twin loco pack as you did for the network rail twin pair and leave us to fabricate the coaches. I wonder if they sold well enough for you to consider that as there are a significant number of liveries to cover?
Working...
X