Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crepello
    replied
    I missed the Kernow D7036 so very glad to hear of its re-birth; also D7003 most welcome. Both ordered from my usual source.

Leave a comment:

• Bob G
    replied
    I see Dapol has advertised a new set of liveries in the NGS magazine this month, for release in May/June.
    I am a little disappointed that at least one of the chromatic blue ones has been done before.

2D-018-007 D7003 in two tone green with no yellow panel. Well done. This will get ordered.
    2D-018-008 D7043 in two tone green with small yellow panel. Yet another standard hymek livery. I have enough of those.
    2D-018-009 D7007 in BR blue with small yellow panel. We have not seen any livery renditions of this model, but quite a few of us told Dapol on the Digest that this was produced without the white window frames, so can we get a livery update please, to confirm the white window frames will be absent?
    2D-018-010 D7036 in BR blue with small yellow panel/white window frames. Unfortunately this is a replicate of the limited edition of 150 produced for Kernow in 2008, and Dapol has been told by a fair few of us that they could have also done D7047 or D7056 in this livery.

And the blue ones were originally a slightly different shade, sometimes described as chromatic blue, not BR blue. So I wont be pre-ordering until I have seen the colour in photographs at least, as they are described as BR blue.

Come on folks. We are here to help, not hinder. I have already sent back my Gaugemaster Broadlands for the wrong livery and front light being present when it shouldn't be on that model. I don't want to do that again.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Longbow
    replied
    I see that Rails are listing two new Hymeks for forthcoming release:

2D-018-007 D7003 Two Tone Green BR Late Crest
    2D-018-008 D7043 Two Tone Green BR Late Crest SWP

Any confirmation and delivery dates please Dapol?

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Bob, we should have the final list sorted in the next few days and will post the models on our website and here.

• Bob G
    replied
    Hi Joel and friends.
    Any progress on your thoughts for new liveries on the Hymek?

Leave a comment:

• Downendian
    replied
    Here's another of my images of D7051 in blue window surrounds and small yellow panel.
    Hymek liveries have been discussed on RMweb
    http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/ind...ies/?p=1497524
    A polite request though, earlier in this thread one of my images was posted without reference. I'm quite happy for them to be here but please state the source, I've paid a lot for copyright slides, I'm sure everyone understands this.
    nice to see a directly interacting forum between a manufacturer and its customer base.
    Neil

Leave a comment:

• robert shrives
    commented on 's reply
    True but easier to convert to loco with yellow buffer beam area - I did one a while back. But then used plates on a blue one.

• Bob G
    commented on 's reply
    We have had a spoof hydraulic livery already - D1000 in maroon no yellow panel.
    Didn't stop me buying one of the recently reduced in price ones though, as I think I could add a yellow panel and weather it to match the already fantastic weathering, and I like the idea of D1000 being really grimy.
    Bob

• robert shrives
    replied
    Off the wall maybe but would the dutch spoof livery on the WSR loco be of interest, fun for a rule one layout and alternative reality layouts - Westerns in Intercity livery that sort of thing..
    Robert

Leave a comment:

• Hailstone
    replied
    Kernow models had a special run done with no warning panel, I was lucky enough to get one whilst in Cornwall

Leave a comment:

• Crooked Spire
    replied
    The Hymeks that that were painted Blue with SYP seemed to be a different shade of Blue, although I don't think it was chromatic blue. In the early days of BR Blue there were a lot of variations depending on the paint manufacturer, the method of applying the paint and the undercoat used. These Hymeks seemed to have a very white undercoat. Also to take into account is the WR cleaning methods (when they bothered to clean a loco) which seemed to strip the top layer of paint from locos. If you look at the 4th photo I posted above of D7051 the white undercoat is showing through in a lot of places. D7051 is also in just in front of a Class 47 that is standard shade of BR Blue and is noticeably different.

The liveries that I'm aware of are

BR Green D7000-18
    BR Green with SYP D7000-100
    BR Green with FYP D7000 D7009 D7013 D7014 D7018 D7020 D7023 D7031 D7075 D7084 D7092 D7093 D7097
    BR Blue SYP with Blue window D7004 D7007 D7051 (these were the first three to be painted in Blue)
    BR Blue SYP with White windows D7010 D7012 D7027 D7034 D7036 D7040 D7045 D7046 D7047 D7048 D7052 D7056 D7057 D7059 D7064

D7017 ran with standard BR transfer numbers in BR Blue FYP and was only carried numbers at one end. The original cast alloy digits were removed
    D7076 had a standard BR transfer number on the No 1 end on one side only

Colin

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Bob, speed reading and fast typing is the key :-)

• JohnLambert
    replied
    I could certainly be persuaded to buy a plain green or blue SYP (with white window frames) Hymek. My green Hymek was one of the first N gauge locos I bought. A poll for liveries for the next batch sounds like a great idea.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Newman
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Andy, thanks for taking the time to reply, and giving a good explanation of your planning, taking into account Joel's comment above in post 7, would it be possible to think about (me to hope for, fingers crossed!!) that the Hymek could be included in the Spares category as well -Glazing Handrails & "D"'s and numbers for renumbering etc when planning your next production run??
    Last edited by Chris Newman; 4 July 2016, 11:52. Reason: added a after thought to give extra validation of "Spares" issue.

• Andy Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Hi. We've implemented a process over the last 3 years where spares are produced as 'kits' this means we do have most parts (although of course quantity's are limited). Unfortunately the Hymek was last produced before this system was introduced and only the chassis were produced. Next time around a full suite of parts will be made. It's also worth noting that not all models have a plain body, although we are trying to maintain this.
Working...
X