Dapol Announce a new batch of Class 221 "Super Voyagers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dapol Announce a new batch of Class 221 "Super Voyagers"

Dapol have announced a new run of their N gauge Class 221 "Super Voyagers". There has been 4 new liveries announced, they are as follows:-
    - Virgin Trains (Original)
    - Virgin Trains (Flowing Silk)
    - Cross Country
    - Avanti West Coast

These are to be sold as 5-car sets and have an RRP of £
    225, retailers have them listed for as low as £191.25.
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Will there be any upgrades compared to the last release? The opaque glazing, in particular, is a sticking point for me. Something with a more realistic tint would alone be a big lift to the model.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      To be honest we have costed this up as an existing tooling project with some modest no cost improvements. So the short answer is no, but if this is a reoccurring theme then perhaps we will look at it. There maybe some cost implications however, as the actual manufacture cost for this set is quite high.

Joel Dapol Thanks for the reply. Understand re. the costing. For the RRP, the existing spec is fine in my opinion, apart from the glazing. In my head, that's just specifying a different type of plastic - may be more to it than that though. Lack of interiors isn't such a problem for me as the glazing is quite heavily tinted on the real things anyway.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      I think we could easily lessen the tint but the interior is a little bare though and may be visible. I am happily open to suggestions though and if there is a big enough consensus we certainly look at it. Thanks for the input by the way, much appreciated.

Joel Dapol, will the Driving cars have Schaffenberg couplers on so that sets can be linked, like the last run of 221s produced in 2007?

Comment

Working...
    X