Another Class 22 Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Class 22 Special

Hi Team Dapol, Very pleased to see that a new Class 22 +6 Milk Tanks has recently "been Sneaked in" in the N Gauge Catalogue (2D-012-010/D Special1), This gives me several questions to ask in an effort to keep my "Excel" file up to date, also relating to the earlier version (2D-012-006).

1) In the earlier 22 +6 Tanks(2D-012-006) were the tanks from catalogue or special for this set
    1A) if from catalogue what was the item number
    1B)if not what livery did they carry please. ( I'm making an assumption that in either case they were numbered differently??)

2) On the recent issue (2D-012-010/D Special1) the tanks are described as Silver Unigate does this match any earlier issues from the catalogue.
    2B) Are the tanks randomly numbered and different from the earlier issue.

AS an additional thought/request/suggestion is it likely/possible that further set/s of 6 Tanks (on their own)also randomly numbered) be issued to supplement/boost what modellers already have.

Regds

Chris PleasePS no rush on answering this---as & When someone might find the time please.

Chris - I have had a look - cannot find any reference to 2D-012-10D Special1.. unless this was the 2D-012-006 set with a different loco.

2D-012-006 has BR Green SYP (Weathered) D6324 with 6 x Weathered United Dairies Tankers (un-numbered)

also

2D-012-007 has BR Blue FYE (Weathered) D6325 with 6 x United Creameries - numbers 181, 192, 195, 208, 226, 237

Hope this helps.

Tony

Comment

• Chris Newman
      Chris Newman commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Tony, Please forgive my bad manners!! I forgot to say thank you for the additional information on the -007 set of tanks numbering which I did not previously have

Chris. PS do you have any "Tank" info for ND084E D7099 BR BL + 6Tanks (Weathered)?

• carderrail
      carderrail commented
      Editing a comment
      Chris,

ND084E has D7099 BR Blue (Weathered) with 6 x United Creameries (Weathered) - numbers 182, 191, 196, 207, 225, 238

Regards

Tony

• Chris Newman
      Chris Newman commented
      Editing a comment
      Tony, interesting though, that both sets together give you "Paired" numbers !!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Sorry I have only just noticed your post and not being in the office I can not give you a definitive answers at the moment. As far as I can remember there was a set done for the collectors Club, I belive there was a set made for general release and there has been at least one special bundle offer made which constituted a standard issue Class 22 and 6 standard issue tanked from regular stock.

Kind Regards

Neil
    Regards
    Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

• chriswrightmk
      chriswrightmk commented
      Editing a comment
      I have three loco and six tankers -ND084 with Hymek, 2d-012-006 and 007 with class 22. It is vital to Collectors that we are kept informed of any special releases or how can we collect? If special packs are put together by the Shop can Club members not get first offers? Likewise, it is unfortunate that commissions are no longer listed -most commissioners would welcome the publicity.for extra sales. It is also important not to release specials and commissions as standard items- fortunately, this was avoided in case of Class 67 in the end. It also helps to put in news and Facebook details of latest releases. A useful source of Product Listings is Ramsey's British Model Trains provides listings but Issue 9 missed some N issues.

• carderrail
      carderrail commented
      Editing a comment
      Chris,

My website should hopefully fill some of the gaps... due some updates and some new sections but the Dapol stuff is near completed.

http://www.ngauge.org.uk/

Regards

Tony

Tony
    I use your website as my go-to reference for n gauge locos, old and new.
    Its brilliant. You’ve done a fantastic job.
    Andy

Comment

• carderrail
      carderrail commented
      Editing a comment
      Andy,

Thanks.. need to sit in a dark room to add some more sections... want to add more photos at some point.

Tony
Working...
X