Proposed 153 liveries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed 153 liveries

Below is a list of the proposed liveries for the next production run of 153's, we would be interested in what you think and if any club members have photographs that would help produce the artwork

153362 - Heart of Wales livery

153308 - Scenic Railways of Devon and Cornwall livery

153325 - citizensrail.org livery
    Regards
    Neil

Dapol Staff Member

I would very probably go for all 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Dapol View Post
      Below is a list of the proposed liveries for the next production run of 153's, we would be interested in what you think and if any club members have photographs that would help produce the artwork

153362 - Heart of Wales livery

153308 - Scenic Railways of Devon and Cornwall livery

153325 - citizensrail.org livery
      Devon and Cornwall for me

Comment

Will there be any chance of B.R regional railways to be produced again in the future?

Comment

Hmmm, no plain purple FGW :-(

Comment

Will probably settle for Class 153 #153308 - Scenic Railways of Devon and Cornwall livery.... Let's hope funds look good!
            Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Is there any confirmed date as to when these are being produced and due into stock? And please note, unlike others I'll be happy to even have an estimate date of production/arrival. It will help me save. So even a PM regarding the estimated arrival is great for me!
              Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Originally posted by JeremiahBunyan View Post
                Is there any confirmed date as to when these are being produced and due into stock? And please note, unlike others I'll be happy to even have an estimate date of production/arrival. It will help me save. So even a PM regarding the estimated arrival is great for me!
                i too would appreciate estimated timings. I logged on to see if there is an estimated timing for the 67 Caledonian Sleeper.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                  JeremiahBunyan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Indeed...I'm hoping Dapol can probably give me an estimated delivery date for the following (as these are on my wishlist):-
                  - Caledonian Class 67
                  - GBRf Class 66 "The Evening Star"
                  - Caledonian Class 86 "Sir William A Stanier FRS"
                  - Class 153 "Scenic Railways of Devon & Cornwall"

I've got a few more on my wishlist, but these are the ones I really want. And probably going to have to save every penny :P A timescale would be helpful...

Originally posted by JeremiahBunyan View Post
                Originally posted by Cape Town Trev View Post
                i too would appreciate estimated timings. I logged on to see if there is an estimated timing for the 67 Caledonian Sleeper.
                Yes please. I think most of us (customers) appreciate the many difficulties you (Dapol) can face in bringing us models of the quality and high standards we demand (and you continually deliver). We accept that a project might slip due to circumstances beyond your control, and difficulties with one project can have a ripple effect on other projects. IMHO, a reliable and accurate model released late is far better than an unreliable and inaccurate model released on time, or even no model at all!

This is not a cheap hobby and it ain't getting any cheaper - an observation, not a criticism. If I'm going to continue participating in this hobby, I'm going to have to manage my expenditure much more tightly. This is were you can help by giving some realistic estimate of when you hope a model might be released. Then we stand a chance of budgeting for that release. Over the years I've missed out on plenty of models I'd eagerly been anticipating, because the release date had slipped. When such models are finally released I might not have the money available, and by the time I've saved up the model has sold out everywhere! So any slippage in your project schedules may affect our project schedules.

Most of us aren't asking for release dates written in stone, so we can moan when that date is missed. We are asking for an estimate is all. If you calculated that a model would be released 2nd quarter 2017, then why not release a statement along the lines of "estimated release date, 2nd or 3rd quarter 2017"? When the release slips to 4th quarter 2017, I suggest we would consider that your earlier estimate was reliable/acceptable/helpful. If the model is released 2nd quarter, we wouldn't notice.

On this matter I mean no criticisms and make no demands, I'm simply adding my thoughts to the discussion.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
                  JeremiahBunyan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hear hear!

• Joel Dapol
                  Joel Dapol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We have not committed ourselves to any particular model as yet, so delivery is still to be confirmed, but if I was pushed I would say beginning of third quarter 2017.

• RailGooner
                  RailGooner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Joel.

Neil Dapol can you also please give us an estimate on the price of the model? I'd like to know a rough figure for the forthcoming Class 67, Class 86 and Class 153. Thanks in advance.
                Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                  Joel Dapol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The RRP would be around £110. I am of course assuming current levels of currency exchange

• JeremiahBunyan
                  JeremiahBunyan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Joel!

• RailGooner
                  RailGooner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks again Joel.

Would it not be possible to include 153305 in the Wessex livery?

Also 153362 in Heart of Wales livery was a named unit could you not produce 153320 instead allowing people to renumber without having to remove the name? Second question would it be with or without the Arriva branding?

Comment

• RailGooner
                  RailGooner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I bought 153320 when it was released as product no. ND114f.
                  Last edited by RailGooner; 24 October 2016, 12:17.

• dazzer
                  dazzer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If it helps any of the following numbers could be used for Heart of Wales to prevent a repeat number for one without a name.

None of the above for me :-(

Comment

Would love to see the Scenic Railways of Devon and Cornwall livery, would look fantastic. As for any photographs, I have the Hornby OO version of the 153 in the same livery, I can take some photos of that if it would help in any way shape or form?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                    Joel Dapol commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pictures would be great, thank you

Hi Joel, I have sent through some photos of the livery on the OO model, hope they are of use. Really hoping this livery gets approved!

Comment

Hi just spotted will do some digging!
                    robert

Comment

Working...
                    X