Turning the 153 into a 155......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning the 153 into a 155......

Any chance of modifying the 153 tooling to make a Class 155 ?
    Or shall I carry on "butchering" the two 153/s I've got ?

We have no immediate plans for the 155, so I think your skillful modification and customisation may be the best short term solution
    Last edited by Joel Dapol; 21 June 2016, 09:21. Reason: Spelling
    Regards
    Joel

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

So 153 times 2 equals 155 then !
      New maths...............................

Comment

koyli55002 can we see some pictures when its done please?

Cheers
        Mark

Comment

Interesting one page article in latest N Gauge Now on converting 153 into Class 155 from which it as derived. It seems that one driving end needs converting to a corridor and blanking off the driver's' windows. On one side anew window is needed and blanking off two windows. There were 42 of 155s -Regional Rlys, W Yorkshire. 7 remained as 155s and are now operated by Northern Trains. May be worth re-visiting to see how practical tooling would be.. Several liveries - WYPTE, Provincial/Regional, Northern. Operated from Cardiff to Birmingham and Manchester,, Portsmouth, Brighton, Weymouth, West Of England and West Yorkshire.

Comment

It would probably be completely new tooling, and I can see why this one wouldn't be near the top of the list.

The 'small' cab on the 153s is at what was the non-driving end, so the windows there are all additional. The exhaust pipes on the 155s run up these inner ends, but were moved inside as part of the conversion (they would have obscured the driver's window), so that makes the roof a bit different as on the 153s they come through the roof rather than at the end of it. Not sure about the underframe - never compared them in detail.

I see the 155s and travel on them often - they are currently frequently to be found working the York - Hull services. Before that, they were often found on the Harrogate loop.

Comment

Working...
            X