Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HST Artwork

HI,

We are starting to release artwork for the next batch of new HST's. Starting with GWR Green and GNER Power cars. We welcome constructive comment....
    Attached Files
    Regards
    Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Both artwork examples you have shown Neil look excellent, positioning of Logos stripes and details of the livery are looking fine.
    The GNER Sample is the better looking of the two, but maybe thats because Iam more familiar with that livery being an East Coast mainline fan.

My only criticism would be the Base Blue shade on GNER 43106 and the Base Green shade on GWR 43187 they both look to light.
    But this could be because of my computer screen being very bright haha.

I look forward to seeing more samples released.
    Thanks.

Neal.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
      JeremiahBunyan commented
      Editing a comment
      "My only criticism would be the Base Blue shade on GNER 43106 and the Base Green shade on GWR 43187 they both look to light.
      But this could be because of my computer screen being very bright haha."

Take no offence but this is why a lot of manufacturers refrain from posting artwork. It's because the modelling public take the colour on their screen as the colour of the model and that's far from the truth. Artwork comprises of just a guide. In one corner of the official diagrams is a key for the factory in China to follow. The key shows a shade similar to the real thing but beside that the RAL code is given. The colour in all artwork is only representative. Black is shown as grey but the RAL code is the correct shade of black. Similarly the teal green will be correct on the model.

So it goes without saying, the colour is representative and Dapol know what they are doing. The only time to correct it is when you see a painted sample.

A useful guide http://www.ralcolor.com/

Excellent Neil...Both look great and I cannot wait to see further renders.
    Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

thank you for the comments thus far, colours are yet to be finalised, as you can imagine theses things do not always translate well to on screen views. Any further comments are welcome.
      Regards
      Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

I'm not going to say whether the colour is right or wrong (it's impossible to tell on a computer screen), but do be careful with the GNER livery, as I reckon the Hornby and Farish attempts at the livery were both too light. In reality, it was a very dark shade of blue.

The positioning of the logos and the typeface for the numbers all look good to me though. Thanks for sharing these. Personally I'm most interested in the Virgin one...

Unless you feel like adding a Midland Mainline teal and orange at the last minute.... I'd have a 2+7 set without a second thought!!

Comment

Both look good to me, only question (and I apologise if this has been asked/answered elsewhere), will the GWR HST be supplied with etched letters? I think it would really be a lovely detail.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          That would be a superb addition, the Hornby model looks beautiful with etched plates. I suppose if Dapol don't then someone can always commission somebody to do it.

Hi,

We have been choosing colour codes for the HST's, first up is GNER - Blue = Ral 5005, Red stripe = Pantone Warm Red C and finally the Logo Yellow = Pantone 129C. All constructive comment is welcomed. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Does anyone out there have the actual corporate livery info????
        Regards
        Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Dapol View Post
          Hi,

We have been choosing colour codes for the HST's, first up is GNER - Blue = Ral 5005, Red stripe = Pantone Warm Red C and finally the Logo Yellow = Pantone 129C. All constructive comment is welcomed. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

Does anyone out there have the actual corporate livery info????
          RAL5003 is a far lighter blue than the GNER shade which can appear almost black in some photos.

Comment

Hello Neil,

May I suggest using RAL5003 instead?

Cheers!
            JBClick image for larger version

Name:	_20171103_200811.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	6403
            Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

I would suggest asking the 125 group to check colours and artwork for HST models, if they are willing.

Comment

Regarding the GNER HST Livery colours I have the book "Railway Liveries : Privatisation 1995-2000" by Colin Boocock.

In the Appendix D it states : Livery information based on the author's request for information.

Midnight Blue : Pantone 5395; PPG Deltron EFT-64925
                GNER Red : Pantone 032 ; PPG Deltron EFT-10327
                Metallic Gold : Scotchcal 3630-131 (not retro-reflective)

I hope this may be useful.

Colin W

Comment

Thank you for the info I will see if I can get a copy of that book. Sounds like a very good resource
                  Regards
                  Neil

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Will these still have 6-pin DCC sockets or are you looking to update them to Next18?

Comment

• Neil Dapol
                      Neil Dapol commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I will need to double check but I think this batch will still be the 6 pin variety of decoder.

RAL5005 is way way too light, certainly don't go with that one!

Comment

Working...
                    X