Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Well spotted Jack, the grilles are indeed black on the prototypes and incorrect on the model. Thankfully an easy fix for most modellers. Actually a few strips of masking tape and some black paint (brush, aerosol or airbrush) will sort it out in minutes.

• Neil Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for your comment Jack, I have been rather busy with a couple of big shows recently. in fact the VTEC models arrived while i was at the GCR. I will be trying to take some photos of our own shortly.

• JackD09
    replied
    Pictures on the VTEC version some websites, look very nice, although one thing I have noticed is that the grille on the side should be painted black not red with black underneath.
    Last edited by JackD09; 18 June 2019, 17:46.

Leave a comment:

• deltic131
    replied
    Just to let others know my retailer contacted me to say he had received my VTEC hst set today.

Leave a comment:

• resolve10
    replied
    Has there been a problem with the VTEC HST? They were in production in October, but ominously still no sign of them.

Leave a comment:

• resolve10
    replied
    Would really like an update on the Virgin East Coast HST - any idea when it's due in the shops?

I'm trying to decide between this and the East Coast set, but if I hold off much longer the East Coast sets might have sold out. Some places are low on stock already.

Would it be possible to see any photos of the production Virgin models?

Leave a comment:

• JR_P
    replied
    Been ‘playing trains’ this weekend :-)

Among other things, I’ve been running my new GWR HST in the 4+2 ‘castle’ formation.... which made me realise two things;

1) the 4+2 formation is a great length, cos basically everyone has enough space to run it....

2) this appealing length of train should prove popular with modellers, so I reckon Dapol should go ahead and tool the mk3 with the new sliding doors - I think just the TGS and TS is enough (+ buffet for Scotrail?).... once tooled, they could also release for [full lenghth] XC rake

Whilst I’m writing, thought I should mention that the matt green diagonal stripe on the GWR buffet is wrong; it should be at opposing ends on opposing sides, but it’s at the same end on both sides.... coincidentally, I believe that that would be correct for the loco hauled buffet of the Night Riviera, from what I can tell from a cursory search of the internet....

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks! Seems nice and small...

• DavidInYork
    replied
    Originally posted by JeremiahBunyan View Post
    Hopefully DavidInYork can help me with this? Is GWR going to run shorter HST rakes? If so what's the formation? I'm thinking of getting the GWR HST, but the entire rake might just be a little too long for me. Hoping to go for a shorter rake.

PS: The incorrect doors doesn't worry me.
    Yes, 4-car sets (TGS, 3xTS one of which has a disabled toilet) are to be used for local services in the SW. As I recall it's something like 11 sets. They will all be fitted with power doors (apart from the guard's door on the TGS) - one set done so far. The model isn't quite correct due to the doors, but as close as you will get with currently available models. The livery is correct.

The new doors are as in the photo below (this is a Crosscountry set, but the same design is used for the GW and Scotrail ones)
    Last edited by DavidInYork; 27 October 2018, 17:19.

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    EC versions are in store now and VTEC are in production. The livery has been challenging to say the least, so our apologies for the delay.

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    Hopefully DavidInYork can help me with this? Is GWR going to run shorter HST rakes? If so what's the formation? I'm thinking of getting the GWR HST, but the entire rake might just be a little too long for me. Hoping to go for a shorter rake.

PS: The incorrect doors doesn't worry me.

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    commented on 's reply
    Looks darker than the white backdrop so that suggests it's silver

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    I can confirm they are silver.

• Ian3721
    replied
    Please can somebody clarify that the pictures on Rails website are not the latest pics, as it show the GWR hst with white doors on the mk3s.

Leave a comment:

• steam-driven boy
    commented on 's reply
    Hi,
    There's now a post on the N Gauge Forum that Rails of Sheffield have advised that both GWR and East Coast sets and coaches are now available.
    http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/in...seen#msg535805
    I've seen no mention of VTEC, maybe have to wait a little longer. Additional: Just remembered a post on RMweb last week showing VTEC expected November
    http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/ind...018/?p=3336268

Regards, Gerry.
    Last edited by steam-driven boy; 25 October 2018, 19:15.
Working...
X