No announcement yet.

New Release of HST Booksets and Coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be good to have some clarity on these releases from someone at Dapol if possible? Are they due for imminent release or delayed?

It would be good to see any artwork or samples for the livery, however rough and ready they may be, just to get an idea of what to expect. For example, the East Coast livery, it's not 100% clear whether the release is going to be the (short lived) 1 set of mk3's that was vinyled into East Coast grey, or the more common and representative ex-National Express livery with East Coast branding that 90% of the fleet carried.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
      Joel Dapol commented
      Editing a comment
      We are getting ready for a show this weekend but will post some of the initial artwork shortly (which is already in review). For clarity, the East Coast liveries we are intending to produce is on based the ex-National Express variant. I think you can just make this out from the on line catalogue found here:

http://www.dapol.co.uk/Catalogue/index.html#20/z

I hope that helps, but will post some more stuff later. With regard to release, we have quoted as best we can on the catalogue end of Quarter tr 3 beginning of Quarter 4. This is still on as far as we are concerned but is based on no hiccoughs or problems in design. If we know of anything to the contrary, we will update the catalogue.

I hope that helps

• DavidInYork
      DavidInYork commented
      Editing a comment
      Joel - perhaps you could have a word with Hattons as they are illustrating their listing for this set with a photo of a plain grey power car with an ex-NX set. Given that they are one of the biggest resellers (perhaps the biggest of all), I don't think it helps if they are showing something which is clearly wrong.

• Vonzack
      Vonzack commented
      Editing a comment
      A related question and sorry if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread, but will the booksets and the coaches arrive together or is it booksets first and coaches to follow?

I agree, surely if there are adverts for the packs running in the press, something can be said on this Forum and others.

Comment

Any more news on the artwork?

Comment

• Neil Dapol
        Neil Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        The first rendition of the artwork has been reviewed and sent back to the artists for correction. When we have something we are more or less happy with we will post the artwork sheets for comment and review prior to going to the deco sample stage.

Hi is there any more news on the release/development of these new HST models?
      It has been a while since any major update was given.
      Thanks.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        We are just tweaking the artwork again and when we are happy we will post here for comments. Should be soon as there was not a great deal to do.

Modern Railways (Oct) has article and photos of HST in ScotRail livery which will have 4 and 5 coach formations. May make be an idea for a relivery. Also has Virgin East Coast

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        I saw it online...I quite like the concept I saw.

• DavidInYork
        DavidInYork commented
        Editing a comment
        Have to say I thought it looked rather naff - they'd be better to stick to the standard Scotrail blue and silver livery, which is actually pretty decent.

Any artwork available for the Virgin & East Coast sets yet?

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        In the next week or so.

Originally posted by chriswrightmk View Post
      Modern Railways (Oct) has article and photos of HST in ScotRail livery which will have 4 and 5 coach formations. May make be an idea for a relivery. Also has Virgin East Coast
      The issue there is that these will have sliding doors, so the Dapol Mk3 model, with slam doors, wouldn't be correct.

It might be worth them tooling the new versions as these doors are being fitted to sets for Scotrail, Cross Country and GW (so far - might be more if any other operators plan to retain HSTs for the medium term). The doors slide back into a pocket inside the body - they look quite similar to the doors on a Class 156. This is not the same as the Chiltern ones, which are swing plug doors and move out and to the side when they open. The Chiltern ones are also wider that both the original slam doors and the new-design sliding doors.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        A bit annoying when the prototypes have such variations. A Class 73/9 is also near impossible because of this.

Hi chaps is there any further information yet available about the release of the New HST Booksets?
      Retailers are still showing October 2017 as release date, but since there has been no word or recent updates I don't expect this to happen.
      Unless the element of surprise is being used on these releases which is fun!
      I look forward to seeing future updates about the HST sets when they are ready.

Thanks,
      Neal.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        Still in the artwork stage

• carderrail
        carderrail commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope they don't all come in together.. going to be bancrupt!

• Vonzack
        Vonzack commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely, as an ECML fan, GNER / East Coast and Virgin all landing at once is a big bill

Is there an expected date for the three remaining HST liveries to arrive? Only the GNER ones seem to be available at the moment.

Thanks

Comment

• steam-driven boy
        steam-driven boy commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi,
        Maurice (Osborn's) posted today on [email protected] the following:
        "Dapol GWR HST sets and coaches have all arrived in stock today."
        I'll expect an email from my usual supplier presently...

Regards, Gerry.

Any ideas when the VTEC and EC versions will be in stock?

Comment

Please can somebody clarify that the pictures on Rails website are not the latest pics, as it show the GWR hst with white doors on the mk3s.

Comment

• Joel Dapol
        Joel Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        I can confirm they are silver.

• JeremiahBunyan
        JeremiahBunyan commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks darker than the white backdrop so that suggests it's silver

Hopefully DavidInYork can help me with this? Is GWR going to run shorter HST rakes? If so what's the formation? I'm thinking of getting the GWR HST, but the entire rake might just be a little too long for me. Hoping to go for a shorter rake.

PS: The incorrect doors doesn't worry me.
      Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Originally posted by JeremiahBunyan View Post
        Hopefully DavidInYork can help me with this? Is GWR going to run shorter HST rakes? If so what's the formation? I'm thinking of getting the GWR HST, but the entire rake might just be a little too long for me. Hoping to go for a shorter rake.

PS: The incorrect doors doesn't worry me.
        Yes, 4-car sets (TGS, 3xTS one of which has a disabled toilet) are to be used for local services in the SW. As I recall it's something like 11 sets. They will all be fitted with power doors (apart from the guard's door on the TGS) - one set done so far. The model isn't quite correct due to the doors, but as close as you will get with currently available models. The livery is correct.

The new doors are as in the photo below (this is a Crosscountry set, but the same design is used for the GW and Scotrail ones)
        Last edited by DavidInYork; 27 October 2018, 17:19.

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
          JeremiahBunyan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! Seems nice and small...

Been ‘playing trains’ this weekend :-)

Among other things, I’ve been running my new GWR HST in the 4+2 ‘castle’ formation.... which made me realise two things;

1) the 4+2 formation is a great length, cos basically everyone has enough space to run it....

2) this appealing length of train should prove popular with modellers, so I reckon Dapol should go ahead and tool the mk3 with the new sliding doors - I think just the TGS and TS is enough (+ buffet for Scotrail?).... once tooled, they could also release for [full lenghth] XC rake

Whilst I’m writing, thought I should mention that the matt green diagonal stripe on the GWR buffet is wrong; it should be at opposing ends on opposing sides, but it’s at the same end on both sides.... coincidentally, I believe that that would be correct for the loco hauled buffet of the Night Riviera, from what I can tell from a cursory search of the internet....

Comment

Would really like an update on the Virgin East Coast HST - any idea when it's due in the shops?

I'm trying to decide between this and the East Coast set, but if I hold off much longer the East Coast sets might have sold out. Some places are low on stock already.

Would it be possible to see any photos of the production Virgin models?

Comment

Working...
          X