New Release of HST Booksets and Coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Release of HST Booksets and Coaches

Hi Joel Dapol I've just seen an announcement from Kernow regarding the new releases of HST booksets and coaches open for pre-order. But I can't find any info on the Dapol website ??? Can you confirm if there is something coming out to show the new range being released ?? and timescales ??

Thanks,

Hattons site is showing the following liveries:
    Original blue / yelloe
    EC
    VTEC
    GNER
    GWR (the new dark green livery)

Incidentally, the photo they have illustrating the EC one shows a grey power car with EX-branded ex-NXEC coaches - from what the Dapol people on here have said I thought the intention was that the power cars would also be in EC-branded NXEC livery, so looks like there's some confusion here.

Sets shown as having the two coaches as a TGS and buffet, which a number on here have requested.

Looks like a good selection, anyway!

One comment for Dapol - in the blue and yellow set, one of the power cars is shown as 43193. This is one of those which would originally have had a Serck cooler group, meaning the details of the Dapol tooling will be wrong for this. May I suggest changing this to a lower number where the details will be correct? As originally built, numbers 43002 up to 43152 had the Marston coolers and from 43153 upwards had Serck.
    Last edited by DavidInYork; 2 March 2017, 16:09.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Joel Dapol is there any news on when the new HST sets will be arriving ? some of us have to plan these sorts of spends you know

Hattons site only showing VTEC coaches to pre-order as
    coach A/B TGS 44050,
    coach D TSO 42130,
    coach E TSO 42228,
    coach F TSO 42286,
    coach G TSO 42163,
    coach L TFO 41083
    & coach M TFO 41159
    has coach C TSO 42322, just missing from the list or are you not going to to produce the full rake?

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy2710 View Post
      Hattons site only showing VTEC coaches to pre-order as
      coach A/B TGS 44050,
      coach D TSO 42130,
      coach E TSO 42228,
      coach F TSO 42286,
      coach G TSO 42163,
      coach L TFO 41083
      & coach M TFO 41159
      has coach C TSO 42322, just missing from the list or are you not going to to produce the full rake?
      From the Hattons site, it looks like they are doing the two with the power cars plus six others in each of the liveries (apart from five in blue and grey). That will give a full rake in blue and grey (I think there were 7-car sets at that time?) and in GWR, but be one coach short in the EC and VTEC sets. With GNER, it depends when the sets depict as they were increased from 8 to 9 coaches under GNER. The period depicted will be determined by names on power cars, style of headlight clusters, and whether the doors of the coaches are blue or red.

Comment

• Scruff
        Scruff commented
        Editing a comment
        Class 253 started out as 7 coach sets and 254 were 8 coach sets. The 253 sets were strengthened to 8 coaches but i'm not sure when..

Cheers
        Mark

Oh dear Dapol.... I'll be broke soon, as I unfortunately don't model a specific era a GNER, VTEC and GWR set has been on my wishlist for ages. And now they all come along at once.
      Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

Excellent News it is really good that Dapol have listened to their customers Thank you!
        I look forward to purchasing a VTEC, East Coast and possibly a GNER HST set in the very near future.

Comment

Yes, excellent news indeed. Have I missed the Dapol announcement though, or is this being fed through by the retailers only?

Comment

• JeremiahBunyan
            JeremiahBunyan commented
            Editing a comment
            I think they've just not made their latest run of Class 66's and HST's public. Both I got to know after hearing about them. Apparently the Class 67's are in production. And I was still hoping to see the artwork. However if they feel comfortable in doing them without errors then we cannot hold them up for it.

Originally posted by Vonzack View Post
          Yes, excellent news indeed. Have I missed the Dapol announcement though, or is this being fed through by the retailers only?
          Nope, you've not missed anything. There's a wall of silence coming out of Dapol at the moment.

Comment

I have five hsts already, sons would say that's enough, I say 1 GNER set please. A great announcement and its great to see our suggestions are listened too on this forum. Great work so far Dapol look forward to the new releases.

Comment

Chalk me up for 1x GNER and 2x GWR :-)

GNER will be a Farish replacement for me - I trust the GNER livery will be the later one with orange doors and modern light cluster (the Farish one has the historical light cluster).

Comment

Is it possible to see some pictures of the artwork for these?
                Jeremiah Bunyan...

Comment

• Joel Dapol
                  Joel Dapol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We will try, it's just that in some cases the artwork is more functional rather than pretty, especially if its based on an already established model. The Class 67 for example gave all the graphical information we required but colours etc were not accurately presented (colour references were assigned to nominally similar colours). Sometimes this gives the impression the design is way off to the uninitiated and it is not until samples are received that all is crystal clear.

• JeremiahBunyan
                  JeremiahBunyan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Joel. In that case I'd rather wait and see either painted samples or the actual product. I can clearly see a whole army erupt if they find something off to them.

Hi,

Are you able to confirm if the Gner set your releasing will be The Version with red doors and new light clusters or the Non red doors and old light clusters ??

Really hoping it's the older one without red doors and old light clusters.

Last edited by Robin Fisher; 16 March 2017, 15:34.

Comment

• JR_P
                  JR_P commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Farish released old light cluster HST set (non orange doors) in 2001 and released again old light cluster HST set (this time with orange doors) in 2007. In other words, the modern light cluster is the permutation not yet represented. I don't see the point of Dapol covering old ground - they should do the modern light cluster version....

• Arthur Hodgett
                  Arthur Hodgett commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wonder if I could have some help on HST light clusters please. I notice on the spares list on DCC Supplies there are two different types of front white lights. Would it be possible to have a cross correlation list of each of the sets produced so far as to which one is appropriate for which set? I have two that have failed, but I'm not sure which spare is appropriate for which set? ND122A-H (Should i have posted this somewhere else please?) Woops!! just checked for part numbers on their web site and I see they are no longer listed.

Have these been brought forward from September?

someone mentioned they may be here in June?

Comment

Hi yes I have seen the advert for June as well, Also on the Advert for June is the long awaited 142's

Comment

Hi Joel, Neil

not or sure if this has been mentioned but where do we stand on suggestions for HST power car packs, a number of power cars on GWR have special vinyls Harry Patch for example, could you release pairs as with the NMT power cars or would it be two expensive.

Comment

Working...
                    X