Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DavidInYork
    commented on 's reply
    Only one trailer set (EC64) ever made it into the grey livery, and that was done with vinyls and fairly late-on. All the others remained in NX livery with EC branding. Most of the power cars were painted in the plain EC grey - can't remember how many power cars remained in the rebranded NX livery by the end, but it wasn't very many. As would be expected, Virgin / Stagecoach vinylled everything pretty quickly once they took over the operation.

Recent franchises are mostly using liveries which aren't tied to an operator's brand so that they can be carried across later (Scotrail, GWR, Transpennine Express, Northern). It is unfortunate that some of these (TPE and Northern especially) are going to date quickly so by the time the franchise ends they will probably be looking at a new livery anyway.

• JR_P
    replied
    Just discovered this post; if it is the EC re-branded NXEC livery, I think i'll skip this offering. I prefer the 'official' EC livery. Although, I have seen that the EC re-branded ones lasted into VTEC, whereby the white 'kite-shaped' portion was painted red & 'Virgin' emblazoned across it.... I'd imagine most/all have now been re-vinyled into 'official' VTEC.

The biggest problem with the East Coast DfT franchise (not EC itself), is that post-GNER, the liveries have been so inconsistent.... there was a NXEC re-branded GNER livery, an official NXEC livery (not sure if it ever made it onto the mk4s though), the EC re-branded NXEC livery, the official EC livery, the VTEC re-branded EC livery and finally the official VTEC livery.... I don't think any single livery has lasted longer than a few years.... a bit frustrating if you want to represent a wide time frame!!!

Leave a comment:

• Cape Town Trev
    commented on 's reply
    My Electra vinyls are still waiting. Hopefully Dapol will clarify the EC liveries being produced. This is the one I want. Power cars and tgs with buffet in one pack suits me. I would then get one first and three standard classes.

• deltic131
    replied
    Yes I have found that out since I posted. The East coast livery described as Silver and not as shown previously ie Nation express livery rebranded. Clarification needed pleased.

Leave a comment:

• DavidInYork
    commented on 's reply
    According to the Hattons website, Dapol are doing all three ECML liveries (GNER, EC and VTEC).

• deltic131
    replied
    My retailer as asked me if I want to order some Hst sets. My question it shows a Virgin East Coast set plus coaches and not the livery suggested above ie East coast under Public ownership. Can you confirm the VEC livery is correct please. Pleased about the GNER set as well.

Leave a comment:

• Sammy2710
    replied
    [QUOTE=JeremiahBunyan;n4405]

Not sure if you'll posted your intentions to produce certain liveries before, I'll check in a while, but I will be looking out for a Virgin Trains East Coast or GNER one.

I'll go with the Virgin Trains East Coast Livery as well that's a definite one for me

Leave a comment:

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    There are so many variants, I think inevitably compromise is necessary, but it is good to get different viewpoints on what is a compromise too far.

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    We will check this out and see if we can identify the problem. This is the first I have heard about this though, but will check with our technical people.

• Joel Dapol
    commented on 's reply
    A good idea and definitely worthy of consideration, Would this be the case even given the compromise on the buffet cars we modelled?

• Boco_D2
    commented on 's reply
    I second that suggestion, I think it would be a much better arrangement.

• Cape Town Trev
    commented on 's reply
    Agree wholeheartedly. I was going to post a similar comment.

• Arthur Hodgett
    replied
    The choice of a TF & TS with initial booksets was the only option as TGS and Buffets were sadly not available. I do agree and your suggestion is one I would support wholeheartedly. I certainly won't be buying a bookset with a TS and TF ever again unless all the coaches are available. I have a few incomplete sets (Not all HST) due to staggered or non-production.

Leave a comment:

• Ben A
    replied
    Hi Neil,

Good choice of livery.

Just a thought: Most people will want several of the standard trailer, depending on the space they have, but only one Buffet and one TGS per set. Why not package the power cars with the TGS and Buffet coach, and have the standard trailers as the add on coaches? That way you don't need to worry too much about how many of the TGS/Buffet cars to tool up... and no one will moan if the Buffets and TGS's run out later on.

cheers

Ben A.

Leave a comment:

• JeremiahBunyan
    replied
    Whilst I cannot contribute in other ways, just wanted to say that the choice of livery is good. I like it. Personally love the silver, but do be careful of that silver, under some light it looks like silver and under other lights it looks like silver with a hint of a blueish tinge to it.

Not sure if you'll posted your intentions to produce certain liveries before, I'll check in a while, but I will be looking out for a Virgin Trains East Coast or GNER one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X