HST Swallow Tail motor unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Q&A: HST Swallow Tail motor unit

I have the HST Swallow Tail n gauge bookset but see is no longer advertised.

However, is it possible to replace the dummy motor unit with a working unit (to avoid pushing 8+ coaches in "reverse")? Either replacing outright, (if a Swallow Tail is still available), or putting my existing dummy coach on a motor chassis. And an idea of the cost?

Many thanks

Originally posted by Puffing Billy View Post
    I have the HST Swallow Tail n gauge bookset but see is no longer advertised.

However, is it possible to replace the dummy motor unit with a working unit (to avoid pushing 8+ coaches in "reverse")? Either replacing outright, (if a Swallow Tail is still available), or putting my existing dummy coach on a motor chassis. And an idea of the cost?

Many thanks
    Puffing Billy Hi, Yes it's possible to replace the dummy chassis with a functioning one by swapping the bodyshell.
    See PM for suggestion.
    Last edited by Andy Dapol; 10 January 2017, 14:52.
    Regards
    Andy

Dapol Staff Member

Comment

Sorry Andy, PM?

Comment

• Andy Dapol
        Andy Dapol commented
        Editing a comment
        No worries PM = Private message. Goto your message area by clicking on the messages link at the very top of the page (on the left of your name) it will probably have a red number next to it.
        I've left a suggestion on how to get the parts you need.

Thanks Andy - will contact DCC

Best Regards

Comment

Hi PB,

You should be able to push with the motor car without any problems, the models do have quite a bit of weight to them and should hold the track OK. It should be quite easy to add additional weight to them if you need to. The dummy Power Car should be very easy as there's allot of space in it, the Mk3 coaches have a good amount of space underneath the seat mouldings.

Perversely, you might actually have more issues with two powered cars if the motors don't match well. With the power cars being heavier, if they run at different speeds for a given controller setting, you'll squash the rake and the lighter coaches will probably derail on curves.

Cheers, Mark.

Comment

Working...
        X